Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: SDSU Post Game Thoughts

Default Re: SDSU Post Game Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by semobison View Post
    There were two different broadcasts of the game. Midco was the official broadcast. Midco's camera's were the only ones available to official reviews. Just because we saw the toe tap on NDNBC doesn't mean Midco's camera's caught it.
    I saw it on Midco, ESPN3. It was one play that did change anything but it was a symptom, not the problem.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The last two times NDSU lost a game in November they went on to win the national title.... so there's that.

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    The toe tapping in bounds makes it a catch. It was stupid not to review that.
    Toe-tapping is a legal catch when the toes are nearest the sideline, heels closer to middle of field (i.e. receiver facing the bench). In this case it was the exact opposite. Though he tippy-toe tapped his toes in first while facing the field, his heels must have landed out of bounds...there was a ref in good position to see this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

Quote Originally Posted by CalBison97 View Post
    Toe-tapping is a legal catch when the toes are nearest the sideline, heels closer to middle of field (i.e. receiver facing the bench). In this case it was the exact opposite. Though he tippy-toe tapped his toes in first while facing the field, his heels must have landed out of bounds...there was a ref in good position to see this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Think about the physics. How many times do you jump and land heel first?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

How about switching to a two QB system. Like Jake Waters and Daniel Sims, Easton can be a running QB and the second QB either Holden or HVD could be the throwing QB. Just a thought.
    " Our strategy for winning against BISON was simple, we put our WRs and RBs in a 1 on 1 situation with their defense in the backfield.....everybody knows they have some freshman who cannot tackle in a 1 on 1 situation.....Joe Glen"

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBISON123 View Post
    How about switching to a two QB system. Like Jake Waters and Daniel Sims, Easton can be a running QB and the second QB either Holden or HVD could be the throwing QB. Just a thought.
    Maybe Stick just shouldn't buckle under pressure. Maybe Easton Stick should try being Easton Stick and not Carson Wentz 2.0.

Lardsin must go!

yea that works 0% of the time for the running qb

This is exactly the type of suggestion I'd except from you. Bravo good sir.

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Seems pretty simple to me:

1. Turnovers.
    2. QB play.
    3. Lack of run game/TOP.

Criston was that much better than ES.

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    There tight end is 6.5 and 270. How the fuck was he open in the middle of the field all day? Can't 5hey see this dude? Jfc
    The laws of physics do not seem to apply when people talk about a TE that can't be covered. Lets use your numbers, he is 6'5 270. And the announcers make it seem like he has Jerry Rice abilities (speed and cuts). For gods sake, that kind of size does not come with those abilities. If DeLuca, Cox and maybe someone else on the Bison defense that I can't think of off the top of my head were to line up and do the 40 the times would be the same, and I would argue that our LBs should be able to outrun him (smaller and lighter beats big and heavy). My point is, he should not be getting that kind of separation or getting lost out in space, he might get open by a step or two but to not have anyone within 10 yards is a WTF moment, and that happened a lot yesterday.
    From the movie THE PROGRAM

Regent Chairman: This is not a football vocational school. It's an institute for higher learning.
    Coach Winters: Yeah, but when was the last time 80,000 people showed up to watch a kid do a damn chemistry experiment? Why don't you stick the bow-tie up your ass?