Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1826272829 LastLast

Thread: SDSU Post Game Thoughts

Green1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: SDSU Post Game Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    We supposedly have got better recruits "on paper"

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

So did Iowa, Iowa St., Kansas St., Minnesota, etc.

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

If this is our once a year wake up call, I'm not terribly worried. Five turnovers, only down by six in the fourth quarter. Eliminate the turnovers and that game is a blowout for us. I'd like to see more emotion out of these guys, does Stick have only one, even-keeled attitude? How about a fist pump, at least? Hoping to see some kick-yote-ass attitude thus Saturday.

I think Mcfeely has the emphasis in the wrong place here.

http://mcfeely.areavoices.com/2017/1...n-against-usd/

Just because you happened to throw a pick doesn’t make it wrong to try to score before the half. NDSU has stolen points closing out the second quarter a ton over the last decade. Chasing points and getting away from who you are only down two scores with a lot of game left, on the other hand, is a real concern.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    I think Mcfeely has the emphasis in the wrong place here.

http://mcfeely.areavoices.com/2017/1...n-against-usd/

Just because you happened to throw a pick doesn’t make it wrong to try to score before the half. NDSU has stolen points closing out the second quarter a ton over the last decade. Chasing points and getting away from who you are only down two scores with a lot of game left, on the other hand, is a real concern.
    No doubt. The chasing points narrative that has been talked about is BS.
    Rule #76: No excuses, play like a champion!

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    No doubt. The chasing points narrative that has been talked about is BS.
    There was plenty of time to go down and get some points. No reason we shouldn't have tried to throw the ball.

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I'd also argue trying to move the ball a little before half gets you a chance to try some things out in case you run into that same scenario at the end of the game.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by wagsabison View Post
    I'd also argue trying to move the ball a little before half gets you a chance to try some things out in case you run into that same scenario at the end of the game.
    Have you ever seen the Bison run the take a knee before halftime drill? Might be one of the best kneeling clock milking before the halftime teams in all of football just not fcs either.

They must work on it everyday in practice.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    Have you ever seen the Bison run the take a knee before halftime drill? Might be one of the best kneeling clock milking before the halftime teams in all of football just not fcs either.

They must work on it everyday in practice.
    Helps avoid turnovers

When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Helps avoid turnovers

Very true... but I recall at the end of the YSU 1st half there was quite the uproar since we didn't try to score points. Hindsight is 20/20. If Easton doesn't throw to RJ's outside shoulder or RJ turns to the outside we might have a different discussion. Crazy how a few plays in a game could swing it either way.

Helps avoid turnovers

Kneeling on every offensive play and then punting on 4th would all but eliminate them. That doesn't mean it's maximizing our chances of winning though.
    Some say it's a backward place. Narrow minds on a narrow way, but I make it a point to say. That that's where I come from.