Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: SDSU Post Game Thoughts

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Default Re: SDSU Post Game Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    It’s been mentioned that our WRs didn’t win any one on one battles. I totally disagree. They were open many times where if the ball was thrown on time or 3 yards further downfield they go for completions. Stick is both late in his decision making (obvious by watching any play where he waits for our WR to basically be out of bounds before he throws) and under-throwing EVERY ball over 20 yards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Another reason Stick's internal clock should tell him to run upfield. The wr are out of his range when he scrambles. You could even see the hesitation in the option read. I don't think last year's SDSU playoff before halftime debacle was anything more then Stick not being up to the task. He got caught thinking in the moment instead of doing.

Lardsin must go!

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    they don't have to.
    Yes, they do. No part of the foot can land (straight) down out-of-bounds.

Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

Quote Originally Posted by CalBison97 View Post

what part of his left foot is or would have been out of bounds? Is his left foot 5 inches longer than his right?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    what part of his left foot is or would have been out of bounds? Is his left foot 5 inches longer than his right?
    The ref, who is clearly seen staring it down, must have seen the left heel (hidden by right foot) nip the white line. The camera angle of this shot could be deceiving.

Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

The ref, who is clearly seen staring it down, must have seen the left heel (hidden by right foot) nip the white line. The camera angle of this shot could be deceiving.

Um, the sideline refs were trash. Let's not pretend it was a crack squad. The first down came on the next play. I'm done arguing over semantics. You win.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

The back to back TE screen call was pretty ballsey by Stig. Almost picked the first one then go right back to it on third down when the Bison bring the heat. I'm tip my cap to you Stig that was a moment swinger.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    The back to back TE screen call was pretty ballsey by Stig. Almost picked the first one then go right back to it on third down when the Bison bring the heat. I'm tip my cap to you Stig that was a moment swinger.
    That was the play on 3rd and short every damn time. To not anticipate that was ridiculous.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

None of his left foot came down out of bounds. The ball of his left foot came down; then his right foot came down with the ball of his foot inbounds, the hell out of bounds; he then lifted his left foot, having never making contact out of bounds.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

His left toe touched first and his left heal never touched any part of the line. Had his left heal come down on the line, then no catch. His right foot is irrelevant since only one foot is needed in college and the left toe touched first. There were clear camera angles that showed no part of his left foot came within 2 inches of the line.

The fact that his left foot could have conceivably touched out of bounds makes no difference because it didn't happen in real life.

This was a missed call and I think a review would have resulted in a reception.
    http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/1500/gobisoncy9.gif

Green1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    None of his left foot came down out of bounds. The ball of his left foot came down; then his right foot came down with the ball of his foot inbounds, the hell out of bounds; he then lifted his left foot, having never making contact out of bounds.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by No_Skill View Post
    His left toe touched first and his left heal never touched any part of the line. Had his left heal come down on the line, then no catch. His right foot is irrelevant since only one foot is needed in college and the left toe touched first.

The fact that his left foot could have conceivably touched out of bounds makes no difference because it didn't happen in real life.

This was a missed call and I think a review would have resulted in a reception.

I agree with both of you. Review would have resulted in it being called a catch.