3. Fuck
    4. Fuck
    5. Fuck

I'm going to need some time to come up with more cogent analysis
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Default Re: SDSU Post Game Thoughts

language? come on man

tip of the cap to SDSU...2 straight games where they beat down NDSU.

Too many ref squanders to type up or care about...would've felt like armed robbery had NDSU pulled this one out.

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    tip of the cap to SDSU...2 straight games where they beat down NDSU.

Too many ref squanders to type up or care about...would've felt like armed robbery had NDSU pulled this one out.
    Umm..we pounded them in the playoffs last year and they won on the last play of the game in the regular season.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    Umm..we pounded them in the playoffs last year and they won on the last play of the game in the regular season.
    I meant 2 straight marker games.

they should've won by more in last years game, im pretty sure they got close to 500 yards and plenty of goal line stops by the Bison D left some points off the board

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Well the offense didn’t play overly well
    Defense didn’t play all that great I guess. Maybe a few good plays sprinkled in I guess.
    Cam made all of his kicks today!

So 5 turnovers is not what you want in a game?
    Last edited by 23Bison; 11-04-2017 at 10:50 PM.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I think Stick's performance has been pretty predictable when you look at the defenses he's faced. He's lit up the bad defenses (first 5 games of the year), played decent against good defenses (YSU and WIU), and really struggled against an elite defense (UNI).

JMU has an elite defense this year so if they do end up meeting in the playoffs I don't think the Bison will be able to rely on much of anything from the passing game.
    1. I agree with the Prof on Easton. I don't know if SDSU has an elite defense or is just very good, but this game and the last couple of games ES has seemed to have a hard time making throw decisions and make them quickly. Guys have been open and the ball is thrown to them when they are 5 yards away (instead of 10-15) so the recievers get hit right away. Not seeing open receivers. Throwing to receivers that are too well defended. Etc.
    2. Careless ball possession today - too many turnovers. The RJ Urz missed throw that went for an interception ... miscommunication on the route? Lots of mistakes.
    3. Defense against the pass. Probably about what should be expected against Goedert and Weineke. Both are great receivers. Bison played adequate.
    4. Defense against the run. Big surprise today. Did not look good at all. SDSU averages 4+ yards per carry (I believe) and it seemed like it was more than that.
    5. Play calling. OK generally. 4th quarter, I would not have called all pass plays on NDSU's last meaningful possessions. Too predictable for defenses.
    6. Off day for Bison, I think. I don't think this will be a trend. Time will tell.
    7. I hate to say this, and I hope I am wrong, but I think the Bison will struggle in the playoffs. If they go up against a defense that can rush and fluster Stick, I think it will be a long day. If our running backs are healthy by playoff time, this would help the Bison a lot, it will take pressure off the QB to make plays.

4 key turnovers. That's the only stat that matters other than 3rd and long and no production from our running backs

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo.Rider View Post
    1. I agree with the Prof on Easton. I don't know if SDSU has an elite defense or is just very good, but this game and the last couple of games ES has seemed to have a hard time making throw decisions and make them quickly. Guys have been open and the ball is thrown to them when they are 5 yards away (instead of 10-15) so the recievers get hit right away. Not seeing open receivers. Throwing to recievers that are too well defended. Etc.
    2. Careless ball possession today - too many turnovers. The RJ Urz missed throw that went for an interception ... miscommunication on the route? Lots of mistakes.
    3. Defense against the pass. Probably about what should be expected against Goedert and Weineke. Both are great receivers. Bison played adequate.
    4. Defense against the run. Big surprise today. Did not look good at all. SDSU averages 4+ yards per carry (I believe) and it seemed like it was more than that.
    5. Play calling. OK generally. 4th quarter, I would not have called all pass plays on NDSU's last meaningful possessions. Too predictable for defenses.
    6. Off day for Bison, I think. I don't think this will be a trend. Time will tell.
    Play calling NOT OK...An I never rag on the play calling They went away from the stated game plan in the second play of the game. I dont recall one series where they fully committed to the run. As a type this I guess you could say the pass was open and it was so there is that. But once you see ES cant make the consistent throw why stay with it.

How far do we fall? Do we go behind Jacksonville and Sam Houston?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯