Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: SDSU Post Game Thoughts

Default Re: SDSU Post Game Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by 13>1 View Post
    Haven't looked it up, but I'm assuming YSU ran for more than 108 as well.
    Youngstown took us for 310, only 138 passing....just manhandled us

At my dentist this morning the nice lady cleaning my teeth was telling about someone in their office that went down to the "South Dakota" game against NDSU and that the fans down there were terrible to them. Apparently this person received the red carpet welcome that so many other Bison fans have been treated to over the years. Best part is I hadn't said a word about Bison football or NDSU or anything that would lead her to believe I cared. As far as she knows I'm a hockies fan. Apparently it was the water cooler talk of the day in their office and from what I could gather it wasn't just simple mean spirited remark, the shit head bunny fans seemingly went all out in their assholishness. So congratulations once again to the rabbits, your fans reputation proceeds you.

But seriously I did have to chuckle knowing that it is common knowledge how poorly you will be treated when visiting Brookings. I'm sure the residents down there love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    The game plan was terrible.
    You assumed there was one.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackedforlife View Post
    Youngstown took us for 310, only 138 passing....just manhandled us
    The jack bunnies now must suddenly be one of the best run defenses in the FCS. Bison couldn't run worth a crap against your fearsome front line.

Quote Originally Posted by BoerneBison View Post
    Nice work. "I don't know if someone was hurt..." Lance Dunn took a vacation day. Purifoy was sleepy. James Molstre is 50 and my mom is not a very good RB. Aren't those good enough reasons to pull Wilson's redshirt?
    Seriously, I know the history. I didn't say anything about his shirt should not have been pulled in fact I think its a very good idea as could still redshirt next year and get the year back.

I was talking about Brooks and Anderson being hurt. It is not like they needed the rest from over use.

He did not look ready to be on the field on Saturday though in the running game.

Just wanted to pop on here quick to give Bison fans a tip of the cap. I've been on record on this forum and ours for having nothing but respect for how Bison fans get behind their program. Saturday was no different. The Bison faithful found their way into the stadium and took over our downtown to watch the game. It was very impressive. Although I have to say it was nice for the game in Brookings to not be another Bison home game.

The tradition, following, and backing of your program is truly special and is something that we aspire to. I know I'm preaching to the choir on here. My hope is that we won't get a chance to see each other again until Frisco rather than the path of the last few years. I pull for the Bison when not playing the Jacks.

For the record, every Bison fan I ran into after the game, and there were a bunch of them, was more than complimentary to the Jacks about the win. They all said that we were the better team that day and gave a tip of the cap. They also pointed out, that the real games that matter are in the playoffs. That is true and I couldn't agree more. We have beaten you during the regular season the last two years but as we have found out numerous times that beating the Bison in the playoffs is a whole other animal. I mean that with respect.

Best of luck the rest of the way! Pound those frickin' Coyotes next week! Until next time!

SUPERBUNNY
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, Bison!

We really missed Lance Dunn...and blocking.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

I hope these two meet again in the playoffs as it would be a great rematch. Very impressed with SDSU on both sides of the ball. I am hoping and thinking that NDSU will kick start themselves after this bad loss. The USD game will be a great barometer for the remainder of the season. Im sure the playoff committee will pit these two in round two if at all possible. The fraud that is "The FCS playoff committee".

SDSU is a scary team to face since their offense is very good and a few plays here and there can throw off the Bison offensive strategy. If the Bison limit their mistakes I think they win more times than not, but the bunnies will make you pay if you screw up.

Next year will be interesting if they can keep it up with their two stars gone. This is their year to make some noise in the playoffs, because once their two big receivers are gone (probably in the draft) it will be difficult for TC to keep things going without the mismatches they provide.

I should not need to say this but I will, correct me if I am wrong with any of the following observations:
    1) why do we continue to run the jet sweep and never hand it off anymore? Not saying we should run it but if we continue to do it don't you have to hand it off once in a while?
    2) The offensive line at times seems to let rushers through and Stick scrambles to save his life. Maybe run the middle screen some and boom big play.
    3) Been said many times - More cowbell oops I mean TE passes.
    4) Press coverage on WR. I do not believe we tried jamming JW or DG on the LOS saturday.
    5) Play action to help with deeper routes.

OK fire away and what I am wrong at or that is just plain stupid.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.