Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: SDSU Post Game Thoughts

Default Re: SDSU Post Game Thoughts

If I was Vinatieri I'd keep my head on a swivel if the teams meet again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post

If I was a special teamer I'd earhole him. He should have been booted for targeting. His hit is exactly what they are trying to remove from the game. Pretty much the same type of play that Danny Trevathon was suspended for except... Viniteri is a kicker.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    If I was a special teamer I'd earhole him. He should have been booted for targeting. His hit is exactly what they are trying to remove from the game. Pretty much the same type of play that Danny Trevathon was suspended for except... Viniteri is a kicker.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    Certainly worse than Case Cookus' shot.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Why? Cause he had a great hit?? Was he supposed hope the runner went down? Too often in football it looks like a guy is tackled and he squirts out. The fact is he laid the wood and he’s a kicker. Throw in his famous uncle and the attention the hit is garnering. If it would’ve been reversed and it was Cox or Grimsley doing that to Mengarelli you’d all be touting it as textbook. I’m sure Chase is aware of his surroundings anyhow but thanks for the warning. Oh he may have had some extra sauce because your return game was doing well. Keep in mind he wasn’t recruited solely as a kicker, he was also highly regarded as a wideout. The kid is an athlete, 6’1/210...

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    Let’s put things into perspective. SDSU played a nearly flawless game. NDSU played literally as bad as they could. SDSU was at home.

.....and despite all these factors NDSU was STILL in the position to win this game.

I guess I like my chances the second time around.
    Nope to the first item in bold. There were a lot of mistakes made by SDSU including another huge mistake on special teams. We played much better, smarter in dominating SIU (who still had their starting QB). The second item in bold? Not really. Even when it got within 7 it was obvious which team was the better team on that day.

NDSU is not done. The sky did not fall. You will beat USD next week (they are reeling) and likely beat ISUr. SDSU need to get it done the next two weeks or yes, we could end up in Fargo though my guess is if any MVFC school ends up in Fargo this year, it will be USD who I expect to back into the playoffs. Strevler is banged up and not the same player he was earlier this season. Watch the UNI game, not a lot of running from him. He's hurting.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Certainly worse than Case Cookus' shot.
    Nope, but I wouldn't expect someone with your lack of insight to see the difference. But hey, you don't look like you've played a lot of FB in your life. Cookus was crown to crown. Vinny Jr? Not even close.

Quote Originally Posted by jacksfan29 View Post
    Nope, but I wouldn't expect someone with your lack of insight to see the difference. But hey, you don't look like you've played a lot of FB in your life. Cookus was crown to crown. Vinny Jr? Not even close.
    JFC you dumb troll, go back to your own shitty board.

Earhole to facemask.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Jackedforlife View Post
    Why? Cause he had a great hit?? Was he supposed hope the runner went down? Too often in football it looks like a guy is tackled and he squirts out. The fact is he laid the wood and he’s a kicker. Throw in his famous uncle and the attention the hit is garnering. If it would’ve been reversed and it was Cox or Grimsley doing that to Mengarelli you’d all be touting it as textbook. I’m sure Chase is aware of his surroundings anyhow but thanks for the warning. Oh he may have had some extra sauce because your return game was doing well. Keep in mind he wasn’t recruited solely as a kicker, he was also highly regarded as a wideout. The kid is an athlete, 6’1/210...
    Great hit? Yeah the kicker put a hit on a player that was basically defenseless and acted like he was tough.

I couldn't find him on the screen on returns after that. I'm guessing he turtled like a pussy knowing somebody might light him up.

Green1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Jackedforlife View Post

I think Bison fans would have a lot of respect for a clean, hard-nosed hit. Unfortunately, this was not the case in this instance.

Great hit? Yeah the kicker put a hit on a player that was basically defenseless and acted like he was tough.

I couldn't find him on the screen on returns after that. I'm guessing he turtled like a pussy knowing somebody might light him up.

He hit him with his shoulder, I went back to the video and saw. I will agree he was defenseless, no reason to take that cheap shot. Of course, that's what they do.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯