Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: SDSU Post Game Thoughts

Default Re: SDSU Post Game Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by RonMexico View Post
    I don't think anyone is saying that Seth is not going to be a good to great running back. The only issue I had with it was that one of the coaches main jobs is to put their players into positions to be successful. I, along with a lot of other posters, just didn't feel that fourth quarter in a big game, down by six on a critical drive was the best position to put Seth in.
    On paper, I totally agree. The REAL WORLD aspect of this is that we have no idea. Tiny things can happen....other guy comes out for a normal break, to tie a shoe, got the wind knocked out of him....they simply lack options at this point. Seth...go in. Again, we technically all agree, this isn't a perfect situation, but at any given moment, Seth has to be and will be ready, and is very important to us going forward. I would rather we rally behind a kid who is doing a lot for the TEAM that worry about one play in LAST week's game??? MOVE ON GUYS! 24 hour rule in effect. we lost, we got our ass kicked. LEts move forward to USD and hope Seth kicks ass.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    Great hit? Yeah the kicker put a hit on a player that was basically defenseless and acted like he was tough.

I couldn't find him on the screen on returns after that. I'm guessing he turtled like a pussy knowing somebody might light him up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Are you guys serious with thinking this was a dirty hit on a defenseless player? Look at this video and tell me exactly how he is defenseless. He's fighting for extra yards and Vinatieri comes in and lays a nice hit on him. I'm all for getting dirty plays out of the game and calling them out, but come on man.

https://twitter.com/GoJacksFB/status/927281785368481792

Btw, first post here... I've followed along for a while and I post on AGS frequently. For some reason my account was hung up in limbo and I couldn't post on here for a while. Thanks to the admin for getting that fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    He hit him with his shoulder, I went back to the video and saw. I will agree he was defenseless, no reason to take that cheap shot. Of course, that's what they do.
    You guys pushing this are unreal.

Quote Originally Posted by RonMexico View Post
    Cause coaches have never made a wrong decision before.
    Nope never What I meant was they have seen this kid all year in practice and know what he is capable of. We might need Seth in bigger situations than this in the future. I am glad he is getting his feet wet now, will only prepare him for bigger and better things later.

Quote Originally Posted by CappinHard View Post
    You guys pushing this are unreal.
    I stopped 3 days ago. You're the one who went back 3 pages to find it.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    I stopped 3 days ago. You're the one who went back 3 pages to find it.
    I wasn't able to post then otherwise I would have responded then. Had to throw in my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    On paper, I totally agree. The REAL WORLD aspect of this is that we have no idea. Tiny things can happen....other guy comes out for a normal break, to tie a shoe, got the wind knocked out of him....they simply lack options at this point. Seth...go in. Again, we technically all agree, this isn't a perfect situation, but at any given moment, Seth has to be and will be ready, and is very important to us going forward. I would rather we rally behind a kid who is doing a lot for the TEAM that worry about one play in LAST week's game??? MOVE ON GUYS! 24 hour rule in effect. we lost, we got our ass kicked. LEts move forward to USD and hope Seth kicks ass.
    DJ mcnorten playing LB wasnt ideal either but when you have few options ya gotta do something.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    Don't let one team beat you twice. On to USD.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Yeah people, stop talking about the SDSU game in the SDSU game thread

Guys, we need to remember that Messingham's tenure in the Big Sky was very short (one season). Guy has spent a lot more time in the Big 10, Big 12 and MVFC. So the whining about becoming a Big Sky Offense needs to stop as it isn't true.

The Bison are still running far more than they are passing. Judging by this link (http://www.gobison.com/documents/201...ll.pdf?id=8467) out of 597 offensive plays, 201 have been passes while 396 have been rushes. That's a 34 to 66 pass to run ratio (37/63 in conference play).

Compare that to last year (http://www.gobison.com/documents/201...ll.pdf?id=1880), NDSU had a 33/67 ratio (30/70 in conference play).

Previous years (http://www.gobison.com/sports/2013/6...?path=football):

2015: 33/67 (Conference: 34/66)
    2014: 34/66 (Conference: 34/66)
    2013: 36/64 (Conference: 33/67)

So, NDSU is still playing the run game. My guess is that they are not capitalizing on their strengths and gambling a little too much on their weaknesses, which is being exposed in conference play that has much better teams than previous years.

That shows in the average TOP:

2017: 33:02 (Conference: 30:07)
    2016: 31:51 (Conference: 30:32)
    2015: 36:39 (Conference: 35:59)
    2014: 34:03 (Conference: 34:12)
    2013: 33:40 (Conference: 34:53)

In regards to Scoring:

2017: 40.0 to 12.7 (Conference: 32.0 to 15.7)
    2016: 29.1 to 16.6 (Conference: 26.6 to 13.2)
    2015: 34.9 to 15.3 (Conference: 35.5 to 16.6)
    2014: 32.9 to 14.1 (Conference: 32.4 to 13.5)
    2013: 38.7 to 11.3 (Conference: 34.6 to 12.0)

Yards per play (NDSU vs. Opponent)

2017: 6.7 to 4.0 (Conference: 6.3 to 4.8)
    2016: 6.4 to 5.1 (Conference: 6.4 to 4.6)
    2015: 5.9 to 4.6 (Conference: 6.3 to 5.0)
    2014: 6.4 to 4.6 (Conference: 6.1 to 4.4)
    2013: 6.8 to 4.2 (Conference: 6.4 to 3.9)
    Hail the BISON!!!