Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NCAA Compliance Reminders

Default NCAA Compliance Reminders

Got this email this morning. Pretty good reminder for us that are Team Makers.

NCAA Compliance Reminders!

The NCAA holds NDSU accountable for the actions of its fans, alumni and boosters.

Violations of NCAA rules can render prospects and student-athletes ineligible for competition at NDSU.

You may NOT provide or arrange the receipt of money or financial assistance to a prospect, an NDSU student-athlete, or their friends or relatives.

You may NOT be involved in recruiting prospective student-athletes on behalf of NDSU.

You may NOT use a photo or name of a student-athlete for commercial purposes or sell student-athlete memorabilia.

You may NOT e-mail or post messages on prospects' social media pages.

You may NOT create a group, via social media, dedicated to convincing or encouraging a prospect to attend NDSU.

You may NOT provide anything to a prospective or enrolled student-athletes (or their friends or relatives) without prior approval from the Athletics Compliance Office. Receipt of extra benefits is an NCAA violation and could jeopardize eligibility.

Once identified as a booster, an individual remains a booster for life.

Always Ask Before You Act!

Do not hesitate to contact the Athletics Compliance Office at 701-231-5808 or 701-231-5696 with any questions.

Thank you for your support of Bison Athletics!
    Hail the BISON!!!

Default Re: NCAA Compliance Reminders

I just finished reading the email. It makes me wonder about unintended consequences. What is to stop a Michigan fan from joining the OSU booster club (becoming a booster of OSU for life) and then deliberately violating the rules so as to get the OSU athlete and OSU in hot water?

It sounds crazy, I know, but think about how crazy things get in our regional rivalries.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    I just finished reading the email. It makes me wonder about unintended consequences. What is to stop a Michigan fan from joining the OSU booster club (becoming a booster of OSU for life) and then deliberately violating the rules so as to get the OSU athlete and OSU in hot water?

It sounds crazy, I know, but think about how crazy things get in our regional rivalries.
    That would likely come out in the investigation. I'm almost sure this has happened.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

BattleBorn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I’ve never received this before. I hope this isn’t in response to something. Wouldn’t put it past Stiggy to manufacture something on Dakota Marker Eve.

Quote Originally Posted by BattleBorn View Post
    I’ve never received this before. I hope this isn’t in response to something. Wouldn’t put it past Stiggy to manufacture something on Dakota Marker Eve.
    I think they're just being proactive. I remember getting something similar to this before.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BattleBorn View Post
    That's what I was thinking. Who did what?
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

My guess is this is done so they have proof it was communicated to fans.

I don't think there is more to this than that.
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

Quote Originally Posted by aces1180 View Post
    My guess is this is done so they have proof it was communicated to fans.

I don't think there is more to this than that.
    I agree. This sort of communication has been sent out in the past. Just a friendly reminder email and most likely meets some quota/rule of educating the fanbase/boosters.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    I agree. This sort of communication has been sent out in the past. Just a friendly reminder email and most likely meets some quota/rule of educating the fanbase/boosters.
    This is correct I believe. I have received this email in the past, but did not this time. My hunch is that it is randomly sent to a group of known boosters on an annual basis. Also, I'm pretty sure I have seen this same "notice" in the gameday program.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    This is correct I believe. I have received this email in the past, but did not this time. My hunch is that it is randomly sent to a group of known boosters on an annual basis. Also, I'm pretty sure I have seen this same "notice" in the gameday program.
    I checked my email and I got it. Had me worried until I see you guys all believe just a "notice". I know I have done nothing wrong.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.