Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: From a JMU fan. How good is this year's Bison squad compared to last year's?

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: From a JMU fan. How good is this year's Bison squad compared to last year's?

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    Still not that impressed.
    I wasn't very impressed with his fumble. Not really sure what there was to gain by trying to fight through two guys trying to tackle him. Need to know the situation there.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: From a JMU fan. How good is this year's Bison squad compared to last year's?

If JMU's defense is anything like last years and the offense can score points, they will roll us. It isn't hard to game plan for a Stick led NDSU. Get an early lead and the OC will panic and abandon the power running game and the offense will self destruct. From that point, if you have a mobile QB who can take advantage of a tired and injured linebacker core and very suspect secondary the chances of beating us are very good. It's obviously easier said then done, but the bunnies have it down to a science. I see us rolling ISUr but struggling mightily against USD next week.

Scooter1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Maybe we should forfiet. Jesus...95% of the time if you have 4 or more turnovers vs a top ten team you are going to lose. Feel free to panick after 1 loss.....

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter1 View Post
    Maybe we should forfiet. Jesus...95% of the time if you have 4 or more turnovers vs a top ten team you are going to lose. Feel free to panick after 1 loss.....
    Bisonville gonna Bisonville.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    If JMU's defense is anything like last years and the offense can score points, they will roll us. It isn't hard to game plan for a Stick led NDSU. Get an early lead and the OC will panic and abandon the power running game and the offense will self destruct. From that point, if you have a mobile QB who can take advantage of a tired and injured linebacker core and very suspect secondary the chances of beating us are very good. It's obviously easier said then done, but the bunnies have it down to a science. I see us rolling ISUr but struggling mightily against USD next week.
    Yeah, you guys nailed it with your analysis of Stick and your offense. Stick is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna' get. And as Stick goes, so goes the offense. If he is on, though, you guys are as tough as they come.

I think our D is even better than last year's, but our offense, as I said in the beginning of this thread, is lackadaisical and seems to play down to our competition. It was prophetic that I said I was afraid our lackadaisical O would be a problem when we ran into a team that stood us up. Whooda' thunk it would be Rhode Friggin' Island? They are better than they have been in years past, but they still suck and are where they always are, in the basement of the CAA. We were up 7-3 at the half and Rhodie was giving us all we could handle. And, that is exactly what I was talking about in the beginning of this thread. How would we respond to finally being tested? Coach Houston must have executed a redshirt at halftime to get the message across, because we were an entirely different offense in the second half, rolling up 31 more points before letting off the gas.

Thanks to all of you for the intel, which I have been only too happy to reciprocate. I think I speak for most JMU fans when I say there is not a team in the nation we respect and admire more than the Bison. Class act, all the way!

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    I wasn't very impressed with his fumble. Not really sure what there was to gain by trying to fight through two guys trying to tackle him. Need to know the situation there.

Alot of moving parts there. Ever hit your thumb while trying to pound a nail?

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 89MTBISON View Post
    Nope, never. Why would I do that? Sounds like it would hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by 89MTBISON View Post
    Love your sig! Profound wisdom from Abe, despite him being the most guilty of that which he preached.