Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: From a JMU fan. How good is this year's Bison squad compared to last year's?

Default Re: From a JMU fan. How good is this year's Bison squad compared to last year's?

Man, you can X and O until you're blue in the face. I freakin LOVE this team. Why?

Remember when that used to be good enough?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Default Re: From a JMU fan. How good is this year's Bison squad compared to last year's?

You need multiple plays out of the same formations and personnel to keep defenses honest. If you run the same plays out of the same formation and personnel the defense will know pre-snap what to expect.

mebisonII is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Man, you can X and O until you're blue in the face. I freakin LOVE this team. Why?

Remember when that used to be good enough?
    No. I don't think that ever used to be good enough. I'm pretty sure that even long before BV was a spark stirring in Tony's heart, there were old guys sitting at the donut shop saying "Well, Cleetus, the team looks pretty good this year, but if that big 'ole boy Smith doesn't toughen up and stop dilly-dallyin' behind the line, we're gonna be in trouble come play-off time!"

Its just that now, thanks to Tony, we can all do it at work, all day long.

Pretty sure someone back in 1897 was saying "Fire Bolley, save season!"

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    And here is also hoping the Bison remain undefeated and we meet in Frisco. What a war that will be!
    Hoping for this as well. Lots of football left tho.

How does Elon’s run D compare to Nova’s? Haven’t watched any CAA games yet. Too much going on in the Valley ..

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I think you are right, and that is my big worry. Elon has been tested and tested and tested and has always found a way to win. We have not been really tested, so how do we react when we are? That would be a very good thing to know at this point in the season.

On paper, we smoke Elon (Sam Houston?). But, what happens if we make a couple of mistakes, get down early and freak out? I have seen it happen.

Here is hoping we are tested thoroughly before playoff time and prevail. We must somehow find that hunger and intensity we took into Fargo and Frisco last year.

And here is also hoping the Bison remain undefeated and we meet in Frisco. What a war that will be!
    I know you hope that happens but I've been waiting forever for us to get our hands on you again.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    I know you hope that happens but I've been waiting forever for us to get our hands on you again.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The Bison are different.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    Not trying to put a hardworking fine young man down but Shep just doesn't do it for me. Sorry.
    Still not that impressed.

Lardsin must go!