Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: From a JMU fan. How good is this year's Bison squad compared to last year's?

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: From a JMU fan. How good is this year's Bison squad compared to last year's?

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybooboo View Post
    Cain was open several times, Easton didn't have time to find him
    On the One catch he had you could just tell he had a different type of gear. Hopefully he can get involved in the offense more.

Default Re: From a JMU fan. How good is this year's Bison squad compared to last year's?

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    See what you started bulldog?

How are you feeling about Elon? Seems like they're just slipping by teams, so I'm skeptical they will offer much of a hurdle to the Dukes. Probably the one last question mark on your regular season tho.
    I think you are right, and that is my big worry. Elon has been tested and tested and tested and has always found a way to win. We have not been really tested, so how do we react when we are? That would be a very good thing to know at this point in the season.

On paper, we smoke Elon (Sam Houston?). But, what happens if we make a couple of mistakes, get down early and freak out? I have seen it happen.

Here is hoping we are tested thoroughly before playoff time and prevail. We must somehow find that hunger and intensity we took into Fargo and Frisco last year.

And here is also hoping the Bison remain undefeated and we meet in Frisco. What a war that will be!

X-Factor is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I think you are right, and that is my big worry. Elon has been tested and tested and tested and has always found a way to win. We have not been really tested, so how do we react when we are? That would be a very good thing to know at this point in the season.

On paper, we smoke Elon (Sam Houston?). But, what happens if we make a couple of mistakes, get down early and freak out? I have seen it happen.

Here is hoping we are tested thoroughly before playoff time and prevail. We must somehow find that hunger and intensity we took into Fargo and Frisco last year.

And here is also hoping the Bison remain undefeated and we meet in Frisco. What a war that will be!
    I think your guys have enough playoff experience from last year to work through a strong test from a good team. It may take a quarter to shake off the rust, but I bet it’s still there. When you look at the landscape of FCS football, how many teams out there have a realistic chance to win a NC? I’d say 3 or 4 tops... The field really drops off after JMU/NDSU, of course not to say that upsets can’t happen, rather they happen all the time but the probability is really really low for those other teams.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by wagsabison View Post
    On the One catch he had you could just tell he had a different type of gear. Hopefully he can get involved in the offense more.
    I'd like to see Cain on the field with RJ more instead of rotating with him. I think Cain gets a little more work each game from here on out. Not trying to put a hardworking fine young man down but Shep just doesn't do it for me. Sorry.

Lardsin must go!

Probably the wrong thread but the discussion here has brought it up. From my video game football experience and watching Bison games they use Been Ellifison as a blocking wide receiver he's out there it's going to be a run and when Illies starts jumping around and stretching his legs it's going to be a pass. I called the RJ TD pass before the play to the guy sitting next to me.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybooboo View Post
    Cain was open several times, Easton didn't have time to find him
    Been waiting for Cain to bust out all year. Hope we can get him the ball.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    Probably the wrong thread but the discussion here has brought it up. From my video game football experience and watching Bison games they use Been Ellifison as a blocking wide receiver he's out there it's going to be a run and when Illies starts jumping around and stretching his legs it's going to be a pass. I called the RJ TD pass before the play to the guy sitting next to me.
    And that's exactly what they want people thinking. That's how you set teams up. "Oh, this package is in. We saw this on tape. Get this certain defensive package in there." Suddenly it's the exact opposite and you have mismatches and defenders playing towards the wrong play. Vigen was the best at this towards the end of his run at NDSU. Check the KState game and see how many different plays they run out of the same look. It's great stuff.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

Take no offense to this, but if you notice this, it won't be long before another does(or has!).

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNation11 View Post
    And that's exactly what they want people thinking. That's how you set teams up. "Oh, this package is in. We saw this on tape. Get this certain defensive package in there." Suddenly it's the exact opposite and you have mismatches and defenders playing towards the wrong play. Vigen was the best at this towards the end of his run at NDSU. Check the KState game and see how many different plays they run out of the same look. It's great stuff.
    While this is true, you need some variation in it. Yes, you can get people to sell out on it, but you really only get one chance to really get them leaning the other direction. You should set people up in the same game, not necessarily for weeks and weeks on end just to drop it at one game. I mean, you CAN, especially as long as the original set is still functioning.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    Take no offense to this, but if you notice this, it won't be long before another does(or has!).
    That's why I posted it. I can't be the only guy to notice it. I know the old OC read bisonville hopefully the new guy does to. Or maybe he has it figured out and they shift gears when it matters.

Lardsin must go!

That's why I posted it. I can't be the only guy to notice it. I know the old OC read bisonville hopefully the new guy does to. Or maybe he has it figured out and they shift gears when it matters.
    Right, you have to at least put it on film that you pass out of that subpackage with Ellefson. Ellefson does have two touchdowns, but no idea what formation they ran.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.