Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: From a JMU fan. How good is this year's Bison squad compared to last year's?

Default From a JMU fan. How good is this year's Bison squad compared to last year's?

Just curious. Not really sure about our team this year. Seem a little complacent, but been killing every team we play.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: From a JMU fan. How good is this year's Bison squad compared to last year's?

Imo, Bison are a little better than last year. I think that the defense is improved some (will know more after the 2 South Dakota games). Offense is probably about the same and we would have major problems scoring on JMU. I think It would be a low scoring brawl.

Default Re: From a JMU fan. How good is this year's Bison squad compared to last year's?

"A little complacent"... That's cute.

Why cute??

Complacency setting in after one year. Something about that just seems cute to me.

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    Just curious. Not really sure about our team this year. Seem a little complacent, but been killing every team we play.
    They're actually pretty good this year, but not good enough to stop many of us on here from ripping on them and act like the world is falling apart while the game is going on. However, being that we do that with every Bison team, every year, it probably means NDSU is a Championship caliber team again.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    We are currently in the "iron sharpening Iron" stage of this year's version of the Bison... if we make it through successfully (which I think we will) -- I like our chances for a run to Frisco...

Our defense, is really deep, talented and playing with an attitude.

Ndsus best rb has a hip injury

They're gaining yards but not necessarily lighting up the scoreboard now that they're playing teams with pulses

Defense is awesome per usual

With Cox playing and Deluca playing like Deluca (he was nicked up), this appears to be the best Bison defense since 2013, but we will know for sure after the next two weeks. Most impressive has been the emergence of the DE's which was one of the only liabilities, but no more.

Offensively, we have some issues. Line still needs to take that next step, but the offense is still better than 95% of FCS teams to put this in perspective. Stick appears to be going though the same kind of issues as Brock Jensen when not 100%. We just need to grind through it. Dunn may not be back for sometime, but if Brooks stays healthy, we will be okay.

Considering we are 8-0 and have beat 4 top 25 teams couple pretty handily I'd say we are ok
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant