Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Kneeling UNI Player?

Default Re: Kneeling UNI Player?

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Despite being a white guy from North Dakota, I acknowledge that there is police brutality and it is a problem. However it has nothing to do with our federal government and national anthem so it's kind of a ridiculous protest
    Being a white guy makes it more probable that you will be shot be LE....that’s just a statistical fact! Minority on minority brutality dwarfs the small % of police brutality that exists. While neither is tolerable, wearing pig socks and knelling against blue is damn naive and petty. If they want to solve issue of brutlaity, they should start by prioritizing the role and responsibilities of fathers, strengthen the idea of family, create community and encourage the inclusion of faith! SO to your point NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE is talking about what I just wrote all they are talking about the inappropriateness of kneeling. SO yeah it does not matter if its UNI or the NFL the results are the same.
    Last edited by MAKBison; 10-30-2017 at 04:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTru View Post
    Nobody would have even noticed this a few years ago. Like it or not. They have your attention.
    If they want to be thought as jackasses then yes they have brought that attention to themselves.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

[QUOTE=89MTBISON;1233954]The UNI players who prayed in the south endzone were a little late getting there, and a little slow standing for the anthem. By the time "by the dawns early light" was played, all UNI players who were in the endzone were standing. Some could tell they had kneeled a little too long and looked uncomfortable about it. They were directly in front of me, and I watched them like a hawk, with my hand over my heart, singing the anthem, off- key. I yell Bison as loud as I possibly can at the end of the anthem, with my hat removed til the colors have left the field.[/

I have sat behind the "Ndsu alumni association" people a couple of times, the most recent was at the EWU game. They didn't begin to show respect for the flag until it left the field.
    As soon as the National Anthem was finished... they began to cheer, raise their sign, & cheer some more.... the American flag was in the center of the field. Many people need a good reminder on showing respect for the flag, until it has left the field.

If this threads distracts any of you from bringing grade A bunny smack this week I am going to be so pissed.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    One is for fun, the other for protest. The gap between the two is wider than Grand Canyon and it’s an apples to oranges comparison. Good God!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Both could be viewed as extremely disrespectful to our country and/or servicemen and women.

Personally I hate that they are protesting during the anthem, but am smart enough to realize that they aren't protesting/upset with the anthem itself. Are least no more than protesters on a street aren't protesting/upset with the street they are standing on. When people protest at the Whitehouse, they aren't necessarily protesting the building or the country, but rather are trying to get people to pay attention to their cause. To get people talking (like we are) which hopefully, eventuality leads to dialogue, understanding and results.

Would I ever protest during the anthem? No. But I'm damn proud that we live in a country that doesn't make patriotism compulsory. I'm proud that we live in a country where you can protest/say things that are unpopular/have a differing opinion without fear of persecution. I'm proud of the men and women who have, over the years, fought Nazism and fascism so that we are free to do this as Americans.

Now, I also agree with those who say "you can't do this at work" and believe employers should have a say if/when these activities can take place (I know of at least a dozen employers in the FM area that make time and space for individual religious activities...aka prayer time which I think is a reasonable compromise). Perhaps NFL owners realize that they truly don't have the power here (their business is only as successful as their on field assets) and that they need to find ways to appease both sides.

TLDR: I may not agree with what you're saying, but I'll gladly fight for your right to say it.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Bunny fans will be throwing their yearly crying about the anthem
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Tony, why are you letting this political stuff go here on Bisonville? It's like having the inmates run the prison!
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

I'm more worried about their culture. After the drive which saw 2 late hits out of bounds, their team was welcomed back to the sideline by me yelling "CHEATERS" as loud as I possibly could. In a first, one of their players ran over to the railing and yelled "F**K YOU, YOU F**KING WHITE BOY" right in my face. One of the most aggressive moves I've ever seen...after one of the coaches pulled him away he started crying, which was odd.

I imagine I'll get another letter threatening to take away my season tickets again.

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Tony, why are you letting this political stuff go here on Bisonville? It's like having the inmates run the prison!
    i see what you did there. ps MWILL was a part of the houston texans sit down, shall we crucify him?? I don't think so.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by Herd Mentality View Post
    I'm more worried about their culture. After the drive which saw 2 late hits out of bounds, their team was welcomed back to the sideline by me yelling "CHEATERS" as loud as I possibly could. In a first, one of their players ran over to the railing and yelled "F**K YOU, YOU F**KING WHITE BOY" right in my face. One of the most aggressive moves I've ever seen...after one of the coaches pulled him away he started crying, which was odd.

I imagine I'll get another letter threatening to take away my season tickets again.
    This was the only game so far this year they beefed up security where the visiting comes in and out. I am not sure what they were worried about but the had extra security on the field and up in the stands at the end of the game. UNI brings it on themselves.
    On a lighter note, I talked during the game with two of the nicest grandparents of UNI players. Had a great football discussion.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.