Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Kneeling UNI Player?

Default Re: Kneeling UNI Player?

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    The anthem is the time we put politics aside to….
    1) Reaffirm that we are working towards a society where we are ALL are free and equal!
    2) Remember those who have given life and limb for that pursuit

Standing in unison as one is a reminder that we are all in this together and all need to do our part. But, I guess you get what we have today when you take civics out of school!
    Indeed. Which is also the reason that it is tacky to yell Bison at the end of the National Anthem...
    Gay-Communist-Bully-TAB

Quote Originally Posted by portlandbison View Post
    don't give a damn what players do for the anthem but he made an enough of an impact with his protest that 10 pages of posts on an opposing teams message board discuss it. I'd say his protest was at least successful in bringing negative attention to him and his cause.

Btw, marcus williams #40 had a nice game yesterdayAttachment 7957
    fyp..................
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    only 3 post in this thread talk about the issues that the kneeling was supposed to highlight. fail, he actually protested in a manner that co opted his girlfriends message
    Don't have the time/dont care to go through 11 pages to count how many posts concern police brutality. But as a 21 year old he made a protest that he felt important enough and brought some attention to the cause. I can respect his actions even if I don't agree with them. And this board/fargodome isn't exactly a hotbed of diversity so I think he was as successful as he possibly could be with his protest and knew that the majority of North Dakotans wouldnt agree with it.

Don't know anything about rickey neals girlfriend, but if you are talking about kaepernick you cant say his protest didnt bring attention to the cause.

As its been said repeatedly the difference between kneeling and yelling bison isnt nearly as far as some here would like you to believe.

" Here I am America! Change for ME! " And dare I say "Merry Christmas".

So, can we kneel in front of our seats, put our horns up on one hand and the other hand up balled up into a fist, and yell "Bison" at the end of the National Anthem?

I want to bring awareness to just how horrible Lutheran-church coffee really is. Coffee grounds that come from a container where you use a can opener to open it? No thanks, you heathens.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

Oh, go back to Sweden you Lutheran, or, go back to whatever country of origin you may be from. It apparently is much better than Here?

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    So, can we kneel in front of our seats, put our horns up on one hand and the other hand up balled up into a fist, and yell "Bison" at the end of the National Anthem?

I want to bring awareness to just how horrible Lutheran-church coffee really is. Coffee grounds that come from a container where you use a can opener to open it? No thanks, you heathens.
    MODS:

Can one of you put this malcontent on moderation, please?

How can one be so pissy about horseshit coffee? You're probably the same schmuck that I see at Hope Lutheran once in a great while chugging communion Jesus Juice straight out of the bottle. Do us all a favor and stay home on Sundays and practice your ever so important secular lifestyle with your hands down yer tighty whities.

At other BV members: I've seen this prissy java snob at the Cash Wise Caribou Coffee kiosk too many tikes to count demanding an honorary employee discount.

Where do you come off bitching about the sacred roasted grounds offered by God-fearing Looterans?

Such a little girl!

Oh........and yeah........I will tell you this. I have, and will continue to hock gigantic loogies into your designer flavored syrup dispensers parked by the $841.00 Keurig station at your tailgate spot while you're engaging in mindless chatter to your extensive throng of 2 bit lot lizards that frequent your space each and every home game.

-holy shit........I just went a long way to satirize your egregious attitude.......But, it turns out that I have that kind of free time. Sure, I could get a regular job. But, I'd rather drive out of town Bisonvillers around (ala Bison 4 Life last Saturday)......................wait..............w hat?.............he took a cab?..............what?..............it was an Uber?...........well, then f*ck all of y'all! Shit suckers!*

*fake rant over.

Quote Originally Posted by reformedUNDfan View Post
    I don't think you get to call anyone naive after this post.

nearly 1 in 10 homicides in america is by law enforcement, and that only includes incidents before jail. Once you get to jail, we make extensive use of torture in the form of solitary confinement, even without conviction. Some parts of the country (hello Louisiana!) have turned their prison systems into large scale slavery, which is legal for prisoners under our constitutions. We imprison more people than any other country. Lack of fathers is not the problem, and there is only a 'lack of fathers' because we put so many in jail for petty crap like possession. Lack of 'faith' is definitely not the problem, last I checked atheists have much lower crime rates than Christians.

If you think you can do better, please become a police officer.

African Americans commit about half of the murders and violent crimes in this country are only 13% of population.

The absence of a biological father is highly correlated with incarceration rates. There are few better indicators of a kid ending up having a f#cked up life than the biological father not being around.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Nick DeLuca is adopted.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

In before hall of shame.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯