Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Kneeling UNI Player?

Default Re: Kneeling UNI Player?

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    Because it doesn't change your life you don't care about it? What a great attitude.
    Thanks. [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Its not till "death do us part"....unless you make another call like that ...you bum!!
    .........good grief..........

Quote Originally Posted by 1st&TennBison View Post
    Being a former member of the military I can assure you that the whole idea of kneeling during the national anthem is disrespectful to members of and the memory of those who are and have served our country. Many people I have talked to about the anthem and the flag do not know the story, I am not here to educate, but many people should look up why when and how the Star Spangled Banner was written. The whole song is intended to the valor of the US military and their effort to make sure that the flag stayed up at all costs. The national anthem is a stand alone moment at any event that it is played at, it is not tied to any other purpose than to thank those who served and to honor anyone who fought for the freedom of our country against overwhelming odds. The national anthem and the flag never stood for racism of any sort. So to choose that moment when we are asked to honor them, people are asked to face the flag and place their hands over their hearts and remove headgear (that part is directly related to the military). If you are not comfortable with those acts, then out of respect at least stand and remain silent. Go to a hockey game for christ sake and everyone still stays standing for the Canadian anthem even if they are a US citizen and vis versa for our anthem at those events. I have a very hard time believing that any kneeler picked the moment they decided to take a knee for any other reason that knowing they would get the most attention based on the reaction. And now it is impossible to retract because they would come across as weak.
    Didn't get past the first sentence because the decorated former military man Kapernick consulted before he started kneeling disagrees with your opinion.

He was sitting and that upset military people. He consulted one seeking a middle ground that would still allow his message to get across. He actively sought a compromise but clearly that wasn't good enough for everyone. Not that you could reasonably expect it to be.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    In this country you can make an ass out of yourself without serious consequences most of the time. Imagine pulling a similar stunt in the countries we chose to defeat in war. Doesn't that say something?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    We've got plenty of allies where you might not want to attempt it. America is a pretty special place.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

NDSUSR is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Didn't get past the first sentence because the decorated former military man Kapernick consulted before he started kneeling disagrees with your opinion.
    You are unbelievably gullible. Nessa Diab (Saudi born , BLM activist), came up with the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUSR View Post
    You are unbelievably gullible. Nessa Diab (Saudi born , BLM activist), came up with the idea.
    Wasnt that last year when he was just sitting on his ass?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

He was sitting and that upset military people. He consulted one seeking a middle ground that would still allow his message to get across. He actively sought a compromise but clearly that wasn't good enough for everyone. Not that you could reasonably expect it to be.
    Wait, I thought if something offended someone, then it must offend all and it should be dealt with accordingly. Isn't this the reason why statues and confederate flags are being torn down everywhere in the south? No matter the reasons given by supporters of the statues and flags, it doesn't matter because it is offensive to some. So whatever reasons are given by the kneelers, it is offending most of the military so end of discussion, in fact there shouldn't even be a discussion...shut it down, that's the liberal way. Sorry I didn't make up the rules.

Sorry had to chime in.

Man this thread is gold LOL

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    One is for fun, the other for protest. The gap between the two is wider than Grand Canyon and it’s an apples to oranges comparison. Good God!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disrespectful is disrespectful whether it’s in fun or in protest. It’s a free country so you guys can do your thing, and I’m not going to worry about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    Bunny fans will be throwing their yearly crying about the anthem
    Meh, you guys do you. This thread really delivers though

Remember Hunters Safety-Treat Every Hunter as if He Were Loaded

I have a bellybutton

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper 76 View Post

Meh, you guys do you. This thread really delivers though

No its true You will

some doozies of threads over on your board too btw, but I forgot bunny fans are perfect even though it's the worst I've ever been treated at a road game and I've been to a few very traditionally hostile places

But you keep up the holier than thou attitude and smearing NDSU all over the internet like a teenage girl.
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Nate Boyer former Green Beret
    https://www.snopes.com/veteran-kaepe...a-knee-anthem/

I still say whatever you're opinion is on this I'm glad we live in a country where we can do as we wish. Whether it's yell your team name, kneel, stand quietly, not put your hand over your hear, put your hand over your heart, etc...