Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Kneeling UNI Player?

Default Re: Kneeling UNI Player?

Screw this whole thing, it's bunny week.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by 1st&TennBison View Post
    You are probably correct sir as I am multi-tasking ATM beyond my limited capabilities and for the most part now just replying to what I see instead of what I actually read. No disrespect intended towards your posts, just adding my 2 cents on your pic and comment as what you are talking about is not incorrect, just something I have not witnessed before.
    No disrespect on your part. It just something I've notice at our events being that I'm usually the individual playing the Anthem and displaying the American flag on the video boards. I've always found it amazing how quick the military individuals drop whatever they are doing at that moment and get in the pose I displayed in the photo earlier within a few seconds that we ask everyone to "please rise."

The point I was trying to make earlier is that a person can show respect to the flag without having their hand over their heart. Yes, I prefer that people would put their hand over their heart, but if they are still showing some type of respect towards the flag, I'm not going to look down upon them.

For those who aren't showing respect, well, there are more important things in life to worry about. Maybe they have a legit reason, or maybe they're just jerks. Either way, it's not something I can try to solve without making a bigger issue.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    No disrespect on your part. It just something I've notice at our events being that I'm usually the individual playing the Anthem and displaying the American flag on the video boards. I've always found it amazing how quick the military individuals drop whatever they are doing at that moment and get in the pose I displayed in the photo earlier within a few seconds that we ask everyone to "please rise."

The point I was trying to make earlier is that a person can show respect to the flag without having their hand over their heart. Yes, I prefer that people would put their hand over their heart, but if they are still showing some type of respect towards the flag, I'm not going to look down upon them.

For those who aren't showing respect, well, there are more important things in life to worry about. Maybe they have a legit reason, or maybe they're just jerks. Either way, it's not something I can try to solve without making a bigger issue.
    I agree. I would rather see people do nothing, no hand over chest, not saying the anthem, but just stand there silent. Over intentionally doing something (kneeling) that shows disrespect.
    From the movie THE PROGRAM

Regent Chairman: This is not a football vocational school. It's an institute for higher learning.
    Coach Winters: Yeah, but when was the last time 80,000 people showed up to watch a kid do a damn chemistry experiment? Why don't you stick the bow-tie up your ass?

Quote Originally Posted by KTF View Post
    Ok, so I am going to go hot topic here but were my eyes deceiving me when I saw a UNI player kneeling and two other players standing next to him during the national anthem?
    We might be making too much of this, what it might have been is....He was bowing down in submissive penance for being a lowly Panther in the House of The Mighty Bison, knowing full well he is not to rise until advised to do so by one of the "Holy Order of the Bison" aka Rev. Bob Johnson, where upon arising he is ushered off to the Pit of Misery(60 min. of football against the Bison).....Dilly!Dilly!!
    "Everybody wants to be on a championship team, but nobody wants to come to practice."-Bobby Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    You do your thing, and I'll do mine. How one shows respect is subjective.
    Which means you miss the point entirely.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

mebisonII is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Oddly, and somewhat unexpectedly, I'm actually reassured by the number of people here who are kind of 'meh' on the whole topic. I thought I was the only one.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison bison View Post
    Which means you miss the point entirely.
    No, I proved my point that there is no law that will force everyone to respect the Anthem and flag the same way. There are guides that suggests a proper way of doing it, but it's not immoral if you don't follow it. We're Americans, we promote individuality. If you prefer that we were like the Borg, ask those who got out of North Korea how better their lives are now they are out that purgatory.
    Hail the BISON!!!

There is a US law that dictates proper use and respect for the flag- one that doesn't include using the flag as blanket because you are good at sports.

But in your mind you have transcended what is respect for your own country and its flag. Congratulations.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Quote Originally Posted by Bison bison View Post
    There is a US law that dictates use and respect for the flag- one that doesn't include using the flag as blanket because you are good at sports.

But in your mind you have transcended what is respect for your own country and its flag. Congratulations.
    You keep using that word law. What compels me to follow this law? Fear of what someone who normally posts about titties and sex but has climbed on a really high horse thinks?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

you're beyond help on this one.