Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Kneeling UNI Player?

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Kneeling UNI Player?

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    The anthem is the time we put politics aside to….
    1) Reaffirm that we are working towards a society where we are ALL are free and equal!
    2) Remember those who have given life and limb for that pursuit

Standing in unison as one is a reminder that we are all in this together and all need to do our part. But, I guess you get what we have today when you take civics out of school!
    1) is an absolute lie, which is why we protest

NDSUBowler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    Criticize away all you want.

Yelling Bison has no political implication for me. I do not want my politics and sports mixed.

I have been a San Francisco 49er fan for over 3 decades. After Debartalo had to leave and his sister and her kids took over they have done nothing but run the franchise into the ground. Now last week they are weighing in on gun control and other stances. I don't care if they weigh in with a pro conservative, pro liberal or pro libertarian stances. I don't want politics with my sports. I told my wife yesterday the 49er stuff can go to the boys ranch and we will take the tax deduction. Except for the 49er blanket in the basement I like that it is warm and very comfy that can stay.
    It is your right to take that stance and my post wasn't meant to be geared towards people with your thought process. We can debate all we want about whether politics should be in sports or not, but my post was simply about the folks who claim kneeling is disrespectful but yelling "Bison" isn't.

You seem to be more of the "I just dont want to deal with it" ilk, which isn't what my post was meant for!

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    You make good points but since you are talking about respecting or disrespecting the flag you can not forget about leaving your hat off your head until the colors are retired. 98% of hats get put back on right away.
    98% of people don't know that is considered disrespectful. People who yell or kneel do know their actions can be considered disrespectful. And kneelers are doing it solely for political purposes.

All three scenarios are different, it's disingenuous to claim or imply they are the same.

Kneeling for injustice and police brutality. Quick question in regard to that issue: If 80% of the prison population in the U.S. is of people of color, would it not be statistically possible that 20% of the time its a white person being beaten by a rogue cop or officers? Please, while taking a knee give that a bit of thought.

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Being a white guy makes it more probable that you will be shot be LE....that’s just a statistical fact! Minority on minority brutality dwarfs the small % of police brutality that exists. While neither is tolerable, wearing pig socks and knelling against blue is damn naive and petty. If they want to solve issue of brutlaity, they should start by prioritizing the role and responsibilities of fathers, strengthen the idea of family, create community and encourage the inclusion of faith! SO to your point NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE is talking about what I just wrote all they are talking about the inappropriateness of kneeling. SO yeah it does not matter if its UNI or the NFL the results are the same.
    I don't think you get to call anyone naive after this post.

nearly 1 in 10 homicides in america is by law enforcement, and that only includes incidents before jail. Once you get to jail, we make extensive use of torture in the form of solitary confinement, even without conviction. Some parts of the country (hello Louisiana!) have turned their prison systems into large scale slavery, which is legal for prisoners under our constitutions. We imprison more people than any other country. Lack of fathers is not the problem, and there is only a 'lack of fathers' because we put so many in jail for petty crap like possession. Lack of 'faith' is definitely not the problem, last I checked atheists have much lower crime rates than Christians.

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by reformedUNDfan View Post
    I don't think you get to call anyone naive after this post.

nearly 1 in 10 homicides in america is by law enforcement, and that only includes incidents before jail. Once you get to jail, we make extensive use of torture in the form of solitary confinement, even without conviction. Some parts of the country (hello Louisiana!) have turned their prison systems into large scale slavery, which is legal for prisoners under our constitutions. We imprison more people than any other country. Lack of fathers is not the problem, and there is only a 'lack of fathers' because we put so many in jail for petty crap like possession. Lack of 'faith' is definitely not the problem, last I checked atheists have much lower crime rates than Christians.
    Geze man, do us a favor and stay in Grand Forks. Anyways, I was at the game as well and saw the UNI players kneeling in prayer, it seems like maybe we just started the anthem a little early. I was in the North end zone and didn't see a kneeling UNI player. Had we seen him, the less than sober group I was with would have booed him and made a big scene about it.

If 9 out of 10 homicides in the country were by law enforcement we wouldn't have 3 million people in our U.S. prison system either. Over 400 people were shot in Chicago over 4th of July weekend 2017, I don't think bad cops were the problem!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUBowler View Post
    Absolutely! The "respect" aspect should apply to everything or nothing. Whether that be kneeling, yelling "Bison", fans sitting, hats back on, people talking or any other thing that can be labeled as disrespect of the flag.
    I think you are now confusing disrespect and not knowing proper etiquette . The hairs are starting to get split pretty thin here.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

NDSUBowler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    I think you are now confusing disrespect and not knowing proper etiquette . The hairs are starting to get split pretty thin here.
    Which is a fair point and why my original example used the two most 'blatantly obvious' examples I could think of (hat off DURING anthem could have also been added, but for the most part, most people comply with this one)

Being a white guy makes it more probable that you will be shot be LE....that’s just a statistical fact! Minority on minority brutality dwarfs the small % of police brutality that exists. While neither is tolerable, wearing pig socks and knelling against blue is damn naive and petty. If they want to solve issue of brutlaity, they should start by prioritizing the role and responsibilities of fathers, strengthen the idea of family, create community and encourage the inclusion of faith! SO to your point NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE is talking about what I just wrote all they are talking about the inappropriateness of kneeling. SO yeah it does not matter if its UNI or the NFL the results are the same.
    The high percentage of minorities being incarcerated has much to do with decades of oppression which lead to poverty. It's frightening that the civil rights movement was a recent as the 1960s. Poverty more times than not takes many generations to go away. Not everyone obviously but it's something many people don't have to deal with

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com