Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Kneeling UNI Player?

Default Re: Kneeling UNI Player?

I'll stand with my hand over my heart for the anthem. I won't yell Bison, I'll sing brave. I'll shake my opponents hand after every game. And I won't give a damn what anybody else does otherwise.

Other than sports/military stuff, where do they do the national anthem for work?

NDSUBowler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Tony, why are you letting this political stuff go here on Bisonville? It's like having the inmates run the prison!

It's bugged me for quite awhile that there is likely a high crossover of people who are upset at kneelers yet happily yell out "Home of the *Insert Team Here*". It's fairly hypocritical and inconsistent.

If you don't say "Bison" and think kneelers are disrespectful, fine, I disagree with you, but at least you are consistent with your views

If you say "Bison" and are fine with the kneeling, then, again, you are consistent with your views.

If you say "Bison" and find the kneelers disrespectful, you need to take a closer look at the hypocrisy in your views. Whether it's "for fun" or "for protest" they both still either fall under respectful or disrespectful.

You can't differentiate just because you do one and you don't do the other. (well you CAN...it's your choice...but you should be rightfully criticized for doing so)

They think that NDSU gameday staff set them up. Something about timing of the anthem and praying.

Typical salty Monday after a Panther loss to the Bison
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUBowler View Post
    It's bugged me for quite awhile that there is likely a high crossover of people who are upset at kneelers yet happily yell out "Land of the *Insert Team Here*". It's fairly hypocritical and inconsistent.

If you don't say "Bison" and think kneelers are disrespectful, fine, I disagree with you, but at least you are consistent with your views

If you say "Bison" and are fine with the kneeling, then, again, you are consistent with your views.

If you say "Bison" and find the kneelers disrespectful, you need to take a closer look at the hypocrisy in your views. Whether it's "for fun" or "for protest" they both still either fall under respectful or disrespectful.

You can't differentiate just because you do one and you don't do the other. (well you CAN...it's your choice...but you should be rightfully criticized for doing so)
    I agree. I won't do either but I like the fact we live in a country where we can do what we want.

This whole "controversy" is stupid IMO. If someone wants to kneel who gives a shit. I don't think it's creating any changes but I don't think it's a big deal either. If someone wants to look like an ass so be it. I think there are way more important things to worry about but that's just my opinion.

It's bugged me for quite awhile that there is likely a high crossover of people who are upset at kneelers yet happily yell out "Home of the *Insert Team Here*". It's fairly hypocritical and inconsistent.

You make good points but since you are talking about respecting or disrespecting the flag you can not forget about leaving your hat off your head until the colors are retired. 98% of hats get put back on right away.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Criticize away all you want.

Yelling Bison has no political implication for me. I do not want my politics and sports mixed.

I have been a San Francisco 49er fan for over 3 decades. After Debartalo had to leave and his sister and her kids took over they have done nothing but run the franchise into the ground. Now last week they are weighing in on gun control and other stances. I don't care if they weigh in with a pro conservative, pro liberal or pro libertarian stances. I don't want politics with my sports. I told my wife yesterday the 49er stuff can go to the boys ranch and we will take the tax deduction. Except for the 49er blanket in the basement I like that it is warm and very comfy that can stay.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    You make good points but since you are talking about respecting or disrespecting the flag you can not forget about leaving your hat off your head until the colors are retired. 98% of hats get put back on right away.
    Absolutely! The "respect" aspect should apply to everything or nothing. Whether that be kneeling, yelling "Bison", fans sitting, hats back on, people talking or any other thing that can be labeled as disrespect of the flag.