Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Marker Game Preview

BisManBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Marker Game Preview

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    7% of the time this strategy works, 100% of the time

28-2, math checks out!
    The young in this country do not know enough to be prudent,
    and therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it generation after generation - Pearl S. Buck

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    7% of the time this strategy works, 100% of the time

White board material right there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BisManBison View Post
    28-2, math checks out!
    Really... I thought it was 27. My bad

Apparently Stig doesn't think NDSU has a big play running back. Add to that he said he would rather see 2000 empty seats than those seats to have Bison fans in them. Stigs comments were made during a Sioux Falls radio interview earlier this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    White board material right there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well, he's not wrong. SDSU is 77th in the FCS allowing 167 rush yards per game and 82nd allowing 4.42 yards per carry (they're actually tied with Eastern Washington for 82nd in ypc - and we know how good that run defense is). They need to load up against the run or they'll have another game where their offense possesses the ball for 20 minutes tops. At least if Stick beats them they can let their offense get right back out there and try to answer. Their only shot is to pray they can stop the run (which they haven't really done all year outside of SIU, Drake, and Duquesne).

But FWIW in conference games Stick has been just about as efficient passing as Christion has and NDSU and SDSU have played basically the same MVFC teams so far this year (4 common opponents and then SDSU played SIU whereas NDSU played Indiana St). In conference Stick has a passing efficiency of 154.3 and Christion has a passing efficiency of 160.7.

Defending you guys is a pick your poison...I don't think Cappin' was terribly off in his comments. Bulletin board material? If you guys were to design a way to stop the Bison O you'd start by stopping the run. I believe Stick is a much better passer than he gets credit for. Is he prone to tough games, sure. Just like our QB...the Bison just seem to handle the running the ball better. I fully expect our D to come out prepared to try to stop the run from the RBs and Stick and any WRs that get involved. Weather is setting up to be decent for gametime albeit cloudy.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Apparently Stig doesn't think NDSU has a big play running back. Add to that he said he would rather see 2000 empty seats than those seats to have Bison fans in them. Stigs comments were made during a Sioux Falls radio interview earlier this week.
    I hope our "big play RB" is like 47 carries for 200 yards and 41 minutes time of possession. Only at NDSU is 4 yards flat out sexy!!!! 2nd and 6! SWEET!!!!! I will put this one on the Rams and we have the best OL coach in the country. He will get them going. This will be a fist fight.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

cbline is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    I hope our "big play RB" is like 47 carries for 200 yards and 41 minutes time of possession. Only at NDSU is 4 yards flat out sexy!!!! 2nd and 6! SWEET!!!!! I will put this one on the Rams and we have the best OL coach in the country. He will get them going. This will be a fist fight.
    Not only sexy, but dressed in skimpy lingerie with a fridge filled with cold ones and Barry White singing in the background!

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post

YSU and UNI have some dudes on their D-Line. SDSU isn't on the same level here and will pay for it. Go ahead and sell out on the run, still might not be enough and they'll pay for it anyway. IMHO, they will need to make it a scoring race and Bison D has been playing too well to make that very likely.