Thread: The 3rd Quarter

Default The 3rd Quarter

The 3rd quarter has really been a money quarter this year.

I've noticed in several games this year that the Bison have really distanced themselves in the 3rd. Off the top of my head against EWU, WIU, and UNI we really saw the game seized in the 3rd Quarter. So I went and looked at the quarter by quarter numbers and on the year the Bison have outscored their opponents 94-10 in the 3rd quarter this year. That's pretty good....

Credit to the coaches for making good adjustments coming out of the half this year and credit to the players for raising their game in the 3rd this year. If they keep that it up it's going to be tough for anyone to beat them.

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: The 3rd Quarter

Those are 2013 type numbers. If we can get the passing game straightened out by playoff time, look out rest of the FCS. Thought Stick missed two or three sure touchdowns today. Thanks for the research.

Halftime adjustments have been spot on the last two games. Great job coaches. UNI came in with a good game plan in the first half but never adjusted.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Halftime adjustments have been spot on the last two games. Great job coaches. UNI came in with a good game plan in the first half but never adjusted.
    I always chuckle as these comments. How do you know? Maybe they made adjustments and those didn't work out.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    I always chuckle as these comments. How do you know? Maybe they made adjustments and those didn't work out.
    So they made adjustments to allow us to move the ball and score and they also made adjustments to themselves not to move the ball and score. Guess one of us is right.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    So they made adjustments to allow us to move the ball and score and they also made adjustments to themselves not to move the ball and score. Guess one of us is right.
    Do you think plays and plans always work as they're designed? Maybe they "made adjustments" but NDSU just started playing better. My point is really that you have no idea what they did or did not "adjust".
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Run the ball off-tackle a bit more than inside the tackles shouldn't have taken until halftime to adjust. The box was stacked heavy on 1st and 2nd downs starting with the first play from scrimmage, Great second half though. What happened to the tight ends down the seam? in years past it was good for 2-3 huge plays per game. Just curious.