Page 35 of 46 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: GDT: NDSU vs. Northern Iowa

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: GDT: NDSU vs. Northern Iowa

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Another make-up call???

When it was 7-0 well into the 2nd qtr I said if it goes into halftime 7-0
    UNI should be very disappointed they are only up 7 points with all
    the things going wrong for the Bison - low kicks, tipped passes, int’s, no run game, etc. But the Panthers never did show much on offense against a great Bison D today.

Love the work of the D-Line! When Menard was injured I worried as to where the pass rush would come.
    Multiple players have improved their game, great group effort!

Perhaps the Bison D can play a lot of nickel 1st half against the Jacks’ AirStig to overcome the unavailability of Jabril Cox.
    If Hendricks is also unavailable (?) in the d-backfield then the nickel lineup could also change.
    The tres amigos ( Tyrn Christianson, Dallas Goedert, Jake Wienieke) are firing on all cylinders
    " Our strategy for winning against BISON was simple, we put our WRs and RBs in a 1 on 1 situation with their defense in the backfield.....everybody knows they have some freshman who cannot tackle in a 1 on 1 situation.....Joe Glen"

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Farley is a fucking tool!!!!
    Don't disagree. On the other hand I met his wife Lori tailgating yesterday. Very nice lady who spoke highly of the hospitality that bison fans extended to uni fans and parents.

Sent from my P00A using Tapatalk

Farley isn't a bad guy. He's gruff, he's overly serious, and he doesn't seem to give a shit if most don't like it.

He showed a different side of himself when his son Jake broke his leg here in 2013. It showed, contrary to popular belief, that he does have a heart.

Never understood the hate for Farley. I don't remember him ever disparaging NDSU or any of our players. In fact I thought he was very complimentary in his presser after the PO game.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Farley isn't a bad guy. He's gruff, he's overly serious, and he doesn't seem to give a shit if most don't like it.

He showed a different side of himself when his son Jake broke his leg here in 2013. It showed, contrary to popular belief, that he does have a heart.

I've seen enough He-Man episodes to know when Skeletor starts acting like he has a heart that it's a trap.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Never understood the hate for Farley. I don't remember him ever disparaging NDSU or any of our players. In fact I thought he was very complimentary in his presser after the PO game.
    You don't remember the "You can't steal UNI" comments after we hired Klieman?

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

X-Factor is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by GOBISON123 View Post
    The tres amigos ( Tyrn Christianson, Dallas Goedert, Jake Wienieke) are firing on all cylinders
    It will be a challenge no doubt, but we’ve proven time and time again that a hot defense trumps a hot offense 10 out of 10. Look at what YSU and UNI did to airSTIG to see how TC folds under pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Targeting rule needs to be changed to allow for a penalty without ejection. Too many players are being ejected for incidentally contact with zero intention of targeting due to movement of offensive players that is totally outside of their control. Not just because of the Cox hit either. I said I agreed with Farley's comments about his kids targeting call last week. The way the rule is now it's an over reaction that is unfair to well intentioned defensive players.
    That's exactly how it is now. The review official decides if there should be an ejection and also decides on a flag depending on the original call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    That's exactly how it is now. The review official decides if there should be an ejection and also decides on a flag depending on the original call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    But any contact to the head is an ejection. Some consideration needs to be given to defensive players who clearly show no intent of targeting and the contact arises from circumstances outside of their control.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    You don't remember the "You can't steal UNI" comments after we hired Klieman?
    Then we hired two more Waterloo coaches and plucked some recruits out of the same area.

Hide yo coaches, hide yo recruits. Bison are coming to Iowa.