Page 43 of 46 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast

Thread: GDT: NDSU vs. Northern Iowa

Default Re: GDT: NDSU vs. Northern Iowa

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Are Cox's celebrations really that bad? They don't seem much different than what I saw from guys like C.J. Smith and Greg Menard in the past when they made big plays.

People celebrate differently. Some are subtle like DeLuca and some are more exciting like Cox. I would hate to bowl with some of you guys as Cox or anybody else on the team doesn't have near the celebration antics as I do.
    No. Brock Jensen used to do the belt. Caleb Butler took a bow after a sack. All Cox does is cross his arms.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonLaw View Post
    No. Brock Jensen used to do the belt. Caleb Butler took a bow after a sack. All Cox does is cross his arms.
    John Crockett waved and blew kisses. Carson Wentz wasn't immune either.

Lot of cranks in this discussion today.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Jay is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The celebrations are fine as long as they're not in the face of the opponent. Let them have some fun. They work their ass off.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    The celebrations are fine as long as they're not in the face of the opponent. Let them have some fun. They work their ass off.
    This. I don't get the need to celebrate every tackle but whatever. As long as it's not taunting or penalty worthy let them have some fun.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonLaw View Post
    So, he wasn't Riverdancing then? That would be a cause for complaining.

Hail the BISON!!!

Everyone upset about celebrations sound like my grandpa telling kids to get off his lawn. Stop being grumpy. It's a GAME. Here's what you sound like. "Alright guys. Game day is here! We've been preparing you all week to go destroy your opponent in the most efficient way possible. *Speech basically jacking them up to run through a wall for you* Now when you make a big play guys, no getting happy about it. You high five your teammate like you do after every play and pretend nothing happened. You stop them with a big sack on 3rd down, you run your a$$ back to the sidelines and then maybe yell and jump a little. No emotions out there. You play tough but don't have fun out there ok. I know this is a game, but no fun." Seriously, back away from the ledge. Cox did nothing wrong. Butler was more showboating than Cox and I loved it. After Dempsey's INT, he would have jumped through the roof if we didn't need him any more. Better tell DeLuca to quit doing a half-spin, fist pump all the time after a big play then too. Anybody remember Leevon Perry's Tomlinson Tea Pot TD celebration? Nobody cared then. Point is, it's a game full of emotion. They deserve to celebrate ANY accomplishment on the field as anybody should in life. Life's too short not to. Do it respectfully within the rules of the game is all anyone should ask.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

BattleBorn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

My biggest concern with celebrations was during the pick-6. The way our luck was running, I was afraid he'd trip at the two and fumble into the end zone. Otherwise, I haven't seen much over the top (except the now infamous flex).
    Last edited by BattleBorn; 10-30-2017 at 08:30 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by BattleBorn View Post
    My biggest concern with celebrations was during the pick-6. The way our luck was running, I was afraid he'd trip at the two and fumble into the end zone. Otherwise, I haven't seen much over the top (except the now infamous flex).
    This. Reminded me of Deluca last year against EWU where he almost lost it. Bust your ass into the end zone, then celebrate all you want.

Im not a great fan of celebrations. Act like youve been there before.

But the real rub for me is the possibility of a penalty for taunting and over celebration. All it takes is one bone head move during a crucial part of the game and it could take us out of FG position and any number of scenarios. Stuff like that can turn the tide in a game.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

NDSUSR is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Im not a great fan of celebrations. Act like youve been there before.
    I agree. Bohl did not tolerate and CK shouldnt either. Its weak.