Page 32 of 46 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: GDT: NDSU vs. Northern Iowa

BattleBorn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: GDT: NDSU vs. Northern Iowa

Character win. Defense held us in until the O could adjust and find a groove. UNI always plays us tough, and they are a solid football team. These are the kind of wins that put hair on your chest and show you how to dig a little deeper come late December/Early January. Sexy? No, but I’ll take it.

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    That one run where I'm pretty sure the entire 22 players were in the pile ndsu won that battle, think we ended up getting a first down out of the deal or very close to it.

Sent by my phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.
    That rugby-like play was my favorite play of the day for the offense. Bruce and Co. gained nine yards and mentally broke the Panthers on that play for good.

For the defense, there were too many awesome plays to choose from.

When was the last time NDSU put 30 on UNI or beat them by 16 or more points? Far from perfect and a lot to learn from, but no reason to allow doubt sink in about this year’s squad.

Time to get ready for the Jackrabbits and road grade them until the marker belongs back in Fargo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GoRams View Post
    Man I'm with you, great post! That was an elite defense the Bison just played. Also with the lack of depth at RB and with some of the pregame comments by Messingham it seemed like they weren't going to take a bunch of chances. 2nd half brought back QB run, made adjustments, etc. Major challenges the next 3 weeks but no defense like UNI left on schedule.
    For very good reason, as well. There is no other coach in FCS that will openly talk about how his entire program is built around beating NDSU. He eats, breaths, and shits Bison football. He says he specifically recruits football players who he thinks can beat the Bison.

Now, it isn't the worst strategy. If your goal is to beat the best, you would think the rest would take care of itself. He just might be a little ate up with it. There are a few other teams with a little different perspective on how to play the game of football and will create matchup problems of their own. I hate skeletor and would highly discourage my kids from playing for him, but it is interesting when he talks about building a program around his obsession with beating one school.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    The guy takes a lot of shit (and rightly so) but how about a little shout out to Jackson Koonce today. 5 punts for a 42.2 yard average and everyone of them fair caught IIRC. He didn't quite have a LeCompte-ian game but it was good to see some good punting again from the Bison in a game where field position had a big effect.
    I thought it was his best game. Very good punts today.

JSUBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    For very good reason, as well. There is no other coach in FCS that will openly talk about how his entire program is built around beating NDSU. He eats, breaths, and shits Bison football. He says he specifically recruits football players who he thinks can beat the Bison.

Now, it isn't the worst strategy. If your goal is to beat the best, you would think the rest would take care of itself. He just might be a little ate up with it. There are a few other teams with a little different perspective on how to play the game of football and will create matchup problems of their own. I hate skeletor and would highly discourage my kids from playing for him, but it is interesting when he talks about building a program around his obsession with beating one school.
    Since going DI, the Bison started out 0-3 against UNI, but now they have won 7 of 8. Shhhh, nobody tell him, but Farley's plan ain't working.

Quote Originally Posted by JSUBison View Post
    Since going DI, the Bison started out 0-3 against UNI, but now they have won 7 of 8. Shhhh, nobody tell him, but Farley's plan ain't working.
    The recruiting strategy isnt the problem. The problem lies with the person trying to take that talent and being ineffective with said talent..

When we went D1 and got our ass handed to us by UNI Bohl came out and said we need to recruit a different player. The bench mark at the time was beating UNI.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by A1pigskin View Post
    They should have called late hit on the sidelines too and didn't. IMO they were leaning towards UNI too much and it showed.
    I need to see the replay, but in real time on the Easton hit, my biggest complaint wasn't even the no call, it was the pump fake no call. The flag was above the refs head and he pulled it back down and tucked back in his pocket.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Some say it's a backward place. Narrow minds on a narrow way, but I make it a point to say. That that's where I come from.

Quote Originally Posted by JSUBison View Post
    He is screwed without FCOA. They are over.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBISON123 View Post
    We are a good playoff team. I dont see us reaching Championship Finals. Not with this Offense.
    Our offense had been great. We are not a favorable match-up vs UNI. Despite missing 2 field goals we still scored 30. Check out all of the other offensive totals going back to 2010 and you will realize this is a pretty typical game

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Our offense had been great. We are not a favorable match-up vs UNI. Despite missing 2 field goals we still scored 30. Check out all of the other offensive totals going back to 2010 and you will realize this is a pretty typical game
    We moved the ball in the first half.We just didnt get the points we should have due to mistakes.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."