Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: FCS Playoff Committee to Announce First Top 10 Rankings on November 2nd

Default Re: FCS Playoff Committee to Announce First Top 10 Rankings on November 2nd

Quote Originally Posted by NoDak View Post
    That would be great. After their 4th consecutive false start (you know, can't go to fast when you have "southern speed") in a row that the crowd is unsportsmanlike at the dome. Making all that noise when their defense is on the field and then quiet when NDSU takes the field.
    All that noise when their defense is on the field! Wait, have I been doing it wrong all this time?
    Hail the BISON!!!

Default Re: FCS Playoff Committee to Announce First Top 10 Rankings on November 2nd

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    All that noise when their defense is on the field! Wait, have I been doing it wrong all this time?
    Sorry it was phrased badly. I meant "they" as in NDSU (from JSU perspective).

Leaving aside the underrepresentation of the MVFC, Elon isn’t an at large team let alone a seed and Northern Arizona is too low.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

JSU is way too high, they will most likely get bounced in the first game as usual.

My fear is if we loose 1 of the last 3 we could end up 5th and if the loss was to USD they would end up 4th and we would re-match them in Vermilion and have to travel to JMU just to get to Frisco. If we do win out both USD and SDSU drop down (losses to NDSU and 1 has to loose in their game) hoping 1 is seeded 8th that way they go to JMU.

Quote Originally Posted by Winning is Gr8 View Post
    My fear is if we loose 1 of the last 3 we could end up 5th and if the loss was to USD they would end up 4th and we would re-match them in Vermilion and have to travel to JMU just to get to Frisco. If we do win out both USD and SDSU drop down (losses to NDSU and 1 has to loose in their game) hoping 1 is seeded 8th that way they go to JMU.
    Losing one will not drop NDSU to 5th seed. Plus SDSU and USD have to play each other yet. So there is a guaranteed lose for one of them.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Losing one will not drop NDSU to 5th seed. Plus SDSU and USD have to play each other yet. So there is a guaranteed lose for one of them.
    JMU and NDSU are so head and shoulders above everyone else right now I think either team could lose a game and should still be the top 2 seeds. Unfortunately, I don't know that the committee would share those thoughts. I think it's possible NDSU could drop all the way to #5 if they lose to USD (behind JSU, UCA, and a 10-1 USD).

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I understand everyone wants home playoff games because they are intense and a blast, but Im not slightly worried about having to go on the road. Imo, NDSU plays better football on the road

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Don’t understand how Sam Houston continues to get love. Haven’t they proven year after year they are hollow?
    I got ripped to shreds on an FCS Facebook group for saying having two Southland teams ranked 4 & 5 in that group's poll was mind-boggling. I proceeded to call JSU and SHSU paper tigers and you would have think I just announced NDSU and the MVFC the greatest in all of football. Sorry, they don't play anyone worth a damn and SHSU isn't blowing away people like they usually do.

NDSU shouldn't drop a spot if they lose a game in the last three. It would be irresponsible and outlandish of the committee to do so. With that said, wouldn't be worried if we had to go on the road. Just don't see it happening. Now as far as USD is concerned, I hope they stay at 5, rise to 4 with a potential win over NDSU or drop to 8 with a potential loss to NDSU. Keep them and SDSU on the other side of the bracket. Get some new blood up in here!
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

Wait a minute, I thought we were going to have to travel to UN_ this year?????