Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FCS Playoff Committee to Announce First Top 10 Rankings on November 2nd

Default FCS Playoff Committee to Announce First Top 10 Rankings on November 2nd

Hopefully this goes better then it did last year for their first ranking...

The NCAA Division I Football Championship Committee will reveal the top 10 teams in order twice during November.

The rankings will be announced during the halftime studio show on ESPNU during the following games:

Thursday, Nov. 2 — Idaho at Troy, 9:15 p.m. E.T.
    Thursday, Nov. 9 — Georgia Southern at Appalachian State, 7:30 p.m. E.T.
    For the second straight year, the November announcements will help build excitement around the Football Championship Subdivision playoffs and may have some bearing on the final bracket that will be revealed at 11 a.m. Eastern time on Selection Sunday, Nov. 19, on ESPNU.
    http://www.ncaa.com/news/football/ar...&sf125900547=1
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Default Re: FCS Playoff Committee to Announce First Top 10 Rankings on November 2nd

My prediction for their 11/2 rankings:

1. JMU
    2. JSU
    3. UCA
    4. NDSU
    5. SHSU
    6. NC A&T
    7. Elon
    8. Wofford
    9. Western Carolina
    10. USD

And then the selection committee chair gets his schedule cleared for the Fargo radio tour.

Default Re: FCS Playoff Committee to Announce First Top 10 Rankings on November 2nd

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post

1. JMU
    2. JSU
    3. UCA
    4. NDSU
    5. SHSU
    6. NC A&T
    7. Elon
    8. Wofford
    9. Western Carolina
    10. USD

And then the selection committee chair gets his schedule cleared for the Fargo radio tour.
    NDSU is too high.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Their initial rankings last year were a joke. Especially when the next week was completely different. Maybe they learned from last year and should at least check things out a little first.

1. JMU
    2. JSU
    3. UCA
    4. NDSU
    5. SHSU
    6. NC A&T
    7. Elon
    8. Wofford
    9. Western Carolina
    10. USD

NCAT is too low.

Every radio producer in town should be on the phone scheduling today if they haven’t already.

Such a fiasco last year. They can’t do worse, but there’s still a lot of room for them to poorly.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by wagsabison View Post
    Their initial rankings last year were a joke. Especially when the next week was completely different. Maybe they learned from last year and should at least check things out a little first.
    Agreed although the important thing was they worked out the kinks* by the time Selection Sunday rolled around but if they're going to put these rankings out there they should put the requisite thought/effort into them.

*I still would've moved JSU down to #6 and moved their #4-#6 each up 1 (which would've put JMU on the other side of the bracket from NDSU) but it was at least plausible... and JSU's AD was on the selection committee (and is again this year).

I wonder if they will even rank NCAT, I mean as of now they aren't even eligible for the playoffs since they would be in some idiotic bowl game instead.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    NDSU is too high.
    Hey! It's a contact high. 50 mile per hour winds out of the north today from f'hawkerville.

Agreed although the important thing was they worked out the kinks* by the time Selection Sunday rolled around but if they're going to put these rankings out there they should put the requisite thought/effort into them.

*I still would've moved JSU down to #6 and moved their #4-#6 each up 1 (which would've put JMU on the other side of the bracket from NDSU) but it was at least plausible... and JSU's AD was on the selection committee (and is again this year).
    well I had issues with where they ended up last year, but I have issues with the committee every year.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

That game will get lots of good ratings....until halftime
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN