Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: FCS Playoff Committee to Announce First Top 10 Rankings on November 2nd

Default Re: FCS Playoff Committee to Announce First Top 10 Rankings on November 2nd

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    Wait a minute, I thought we were going to have to travel to UN_ this year?????
    Only if the dome is busy and we need an overpriced shed to practice in.

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

Default Re: FCS Playoff Committee to Announce First Top 10 Rankings on November 2nd

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    Wait a minute, I thought we were going to have to travel to UN_ this year?????
    I'M still worried about it. UND still has a couple of games left to show their wares ....................... and the committee, of course, "still owes them one" for the selection hosing they took in 2015!

I fully get wanting SDSU and USD to win/lose the proper amount of games so they fall into the right seeding to be on the other side of the bracket. For me it would be more about seeing different teams instead of constantly MVFC 2.0 year in and year out. BUT there is no way the selection committee won't slide one or both of them into the proper seeding to have multiple buss trips. Depending on how the other teams finish I could maybe see one of them on the other side but no way both of them will be, even if it's clear they should be.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    I fully get wanting SDSU and USD to win/lose the proper amount of games so they fall into the right seeding to be on the other side of the bracket. For me it would be more about seeing different teams instead of constantly MVFC 2.0 year in and year out. BUT there is no way the selection committee won't slide one or both of them into the proper seeding to have multiple buss trips. Depending on how the other teams finish I could maybe see one of them on the other side but no way both of them will be, even if it's clear they should be.
    Here's the kicker on all that. All they have to do is seed USD wherever they want and as long as SDSU doesn't crack the top 8, I'm willing to bet they send SDSU their way in the 2nd round. Position 4, 5, or 8 for USD would keep them out of Fargo if NDSU stays the 2 seed. I think the backlash from having all the MVFC teams on one side whatever year that was should help in splitting us up since basically seeds 4-8 right now are pretty fluid for where you can put them. Obviously I see USD as either the 3 or 4 since I don't think much of JSU or UCA, but that's just me. The next two weeks will really determine who gets seeded where with NDSU playing both South Dakota schools in back to back weeks. All I hope is that we take care of business on our end.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

NDSU, SDSU and USD will all end up on the same side of the bracket, regardless of how the season finishes out. The committee will find a way for it to happen.

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I'd love to see JMU have to go through 3 MVFC teams before meeting us.

It won't happen, but I'd love to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    I'd love to see JMU have to go through 3 MVFC teams before meeting us.

It won't happen, but I'd love to see it.
    I would love to see it too. I don't think JMU has had to go through much this year. Depending on who they played and how the ball bounces that could unseat them.

Lets say we lose to Sdsu but win out. We may drop a spot for a week, but by the time we get to selection day I think wed be #2. Its a foregone conclusion Jmu will be 1 unless they lose.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Lets say we lose to Sdsu but win out. We may drop a spot for a week, but by the time we get to selection day I think wed be #2. Its a foregone conclusion Jmu will be 1 unless they lose.
    As well they should be. It sucks that we lost, but we potentially lost to the next dynasty. What they've been able to do has been impressive so far. Things might change in the playoffs, but they seem to have figured out the formula.

I think you're right on us eventually ending up at #2 if we lose SDSU or ISUr. Idk if you want to call it clout or what for either NDSU or the MVFC, but they would be dumb not to set up a rematch of JMU v NDSU in Frisco if they realistically could make it happen. It'd be good for the division, having the two current highest profile FCS teams battle it out.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    As well they should be. It sucks that we lost, but we potentially lost to the next dynasty. What they've been able to do has been impressive so far. Things might change in the playoffs, but they seem to have figured out the formula.

I think you're right on us eventually ending up at #2 if we lose SDSU or ISUr. Idk if you want to call it clout or what for either NDSU or the MVFC, but they would be dumb not to set up a rematch of JMU v NDSU in Frisco if they realistically could make it happen. It'd be good for the division, having the two current highest profile FCS teams battle it out.
    Plus having playoff games in Fargo is looks a hell of lot better on TV than a game in a pud stadium with 500 in the stands and of course a sold out Fargodome equates to more revenue for the NCAA.