Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Visiting Football Fans

Default Re: Visiting Football Fans

Good to know. It's gonna get up to 78 in OKC today, though probably feel more like low 80's. My flight tomorrow is connecting in DFW. So, I'm going from very warm to a nice chill.

How does it feel in the Dome during the game?

Quote Originally Posted by PlainsAg View Post
    Good to know. It's gonna get up to 78 in OKC today, though probably feel more like low 80's. My flight tomorrow is connecting in DFW. So, I'm going from very warm to a nice chill.

Loud. Like rock concert tangible sound loud. Otherwise it's physically comfortable.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's warm. Fall weather here is odd. It can be 30 degrees in the morning and then get up to the 70s. Dressing in layers is a good idea

Make sure you arrive at least 3 hours before hand and walk through the tailgating lot. It's a big part of the experience. You will see some really cool tailgating rigs and if you tell people you are from out of town you won't pay for a drink. They don't sell alcohol in the dome so it's the time to drink

Also the tailgating lot is on the west side and you can't park there because it's typically sold out but most people park on the east side and walk over to tailgate

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

I'm guessing in the 60's. So it looks like a 20-25 degree difference on game day. I'd somehow try to lose that outside layer just before you go in the dome, so you don't have to mess with it inside.

Get there 3 hours early? GTFO of here. Tailgating opens at 9:00AM. Come early for the full experience.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    Get there 3 hours early? GTFO of here. Tailgating opens at 9:00AM. Come early for the full experience.
    I said "at least 3 hours" but hell yeah the lots open 5-1/2 hours before kickoff

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I said "at least 3 hours" but hell yeah the lots open 5-1/2 hours before kickoff
    I'm all for getting the most out of a tailgate...but for a new person coming in I think they'd be pretty bored for the first bit if they got there at opening. It takes a bit for groups to get set up and going...a new person would just walk around doing nothing for a while. With that said, I'd say get out at tailgating at 9:30.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

We are not just attending the game to check it off some list. We're coming for the whole NDSU experience. It's what makes college football so great.

We've got rooms at the hotel right near the Fargodome so as soon as the game day festivities begin we'll be there.

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    I'm all for getting the most out of a tailgate...but for a new person coming in I think they'd be pretty bored for the first bit if they got there at opening. It takes a bit for groups to get set up and going...a new person would just walk around doing nothing for a while. With that said, I'd say get out at tailgating at 9:30.
    this is ideal. I always get there early and am putting up chairs and tables with the rest. Always glad to do my part but yeah, you'll get plenty of it going a little later.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    Absolutely that's why I suggested 3 hours. I don't even get into my spot until 915-930, then it takes a half hour to set up the gear. I would suggest a visitor on foot no earlier than 10 am