Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Visiting Football Fans

Default Re: Visiting Football Fans

Quote Originally Posted by PlainsAg View Post
    Yep, my mistake. This is why I came here, to get all this fixed BEFORE we make the trip.

Go Bison and Gig 'Em, Aggies.
    Oh, and when you meet people in Fargo -- it's pronounced with a "Z" (Bizon)...
    Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)

Quote Originally Posted by bri-dog View Post
    Oh, and when you meet people in Fargo -- it's pronounced with a "Z" (Bizon)...
    OK, now I'm starting to get suspicious...

If you need to confirm, just listen to some of the commentary during one of the ESPN broadcasts of our playoff games...or check out the College Gameday broadcasts when in Fargo...they will mention it numerous times.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

I'd never steer you wrong...

https://www.ndsu.edu/news/view/detail/9349/
    Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)

Watch the intro to the first Gameday in Fargo - about 45 seconds

Also the first minute of the second Gameday in Fargo - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4u-UO8OlH84

Just think about how most people pronounce "raisin."
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    My biggest fear is flying out on Sunday morning and finding one really early. Might just have to take a cab.
    pre schedule a ride with Lyft for the airport, works great
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

If your looking for some good burgers JL Beers is always a good one, Sammy's pizza is also a solid choice. Somehow always end up drinking at The Bismarck or Dempsey's.

Downtown there are tons of them. You got everything from total dives to classy places.

Breweries I personally like Drekker http://drekkerbrewing.com but others like Fargo Brewing company http://fargobrewing.com
    Junkyard is good but you do have to cross the river in Moorhead.

as far as bars go... all these are downtown
    Dempsey's (more hipster like), Ho-Do (classier), Old Broadway (more dancing crowd) Sidestreet Grill, Bismarck Tavern, Sports Bar, The Empire, Fort Noks but those are just a few.

The bars on Main Ave are more biker dives

If you go a little further from downtown to University Dr you got places like Chubs Pub and the Northern which is a poor excuse for a titty bar. Although some disagree

Downtown eating for burgers try JL Beers, Vinyl Taco, or Spicy Pie for pizza and beer. For good food the Ho-Do or Mezaluna is great.

Near by the dome is Herd and Horns which is close to campus but not much around it. You also got the Bison Turf which is right off of campus but had a fire... it is apparently reopening soon if not already. Does anyone know are they open again?

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Perfect. Thanks for the recommendations, Bison Nation!

Seriously, we planned this trip over a year ago and we're very much looking forward to it. I'm a Texas A&M grad but reside in Oklahoma. I've been wanting to see a game in the Fargo Dome for some time. It's been interesting discovering who the real college football fans are around me. Regarding the trip the response has been either, "What are you gonna do in Fargo?" or "You're gonna see an NDSU home game? That's awesome!"