Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Visiting Football Fans

Default Re: Visiting Football Fans

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    Yeah, it's called KVLY-TV or ESPN3. Already been worked out.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    You are a dick!!!

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NachZ View Post
    Honest question, because I do not know the answer nor if there is one. Has there ever been consideration for a section with this in mind? A couple of hundred seats given to those that when purchasing understand it is sitting only?

Probably need a section with extra aisles as there will be frequent needs for people to make bathroom runs.
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

I took my mom to the UNI game for her 85th birthday. She stood for every kick with hands in the air wiggling her fingers. Stood most of the time we were on defense, at least for third downs. She even kept 4 fingers up from the end of the 3rd quarter, to the snap of the ball in the 4th. Never complained a bit about people standing up in front of us. She did bitch out the Bison fans that boo'd when the other team entered the field, though. That's bad sportsmanship dotcha know.

Quote Originally Posted by BraxtonT View Post
    You are a dick!!!
    Thank you and to think, I wasn't even trying.

Let's get real here. You can have a set of unwritten rules that are normally the approved appropriate times it is ok to stand. We could also come up with numerous other scenarios where it would also be ok to stand. Is it ok to stand more during playoff football? I would say this last game started having more of a playoff feel to it. Two ranked teams, a seed on the line, and it is a Dakota school rival. 99.99% of anyone going to a game is going to have their reason for standing to be appropriate when they are on their feet, so there is no concern for the people behind them. So let's not pretend on a Wednesday people really all of a sudden care about this specific behavior for the people around them.

It should be expected people are going to stand at Bison games. While there are certain situations dictating an automatic standing behavior, there are going to be other times when standing is also appropriate. If you are unable to participate there are options. You can go to the game, but you can't complain when those around you are behaving in a way which is fully appropriate given the context it is a sporting event and people stand. Another option is if you are disabled and can't stand, then get a spot in the handicapped sections. Of course, there is always the option to stay home and watch the game on TV where you do have more control over who is standing in front of you during gameplay. It isn't anyone's personal responsibility to insure another person is having a good time as long as they are staying within the parameters of their own behavior being appropriate. Given this is a sporting event, there are times when sitting is the least appropriate behavior.

If you go to a Bison game, be prepared to stand. It may only happen during some prescribed times or it may happen spontaneously during other times of the game. It might even last longer than you anticipated. Either join in by standing, don't stand but keep the complaining to yourself, or seek an alternative to the situation where you can enjoy the game completely on your own terms.

Let's get real here. You can have a set of unwritten rules that are normally the approved appropriate times it is ok to stand. We could also come up with numerous other scenarios where it would also be ok to stand. Is it ok to stand more during playoff football? I would say this last game started having more of a playoff feel to it. Two ranked teams, a seed on the line, and it is a Dakota school rival. 99.99% of anyone going to a game is going to have their reason for standing to be appropriate when they are on their feet, so there is no concern for the people behind them. So let's not pretend on a Wednesday people really all of a sudden care about this specific behavior for the people around them.

It should be expected people are going to stand at Bison games. While there are certain situations dictating an automatic standing behavior, there are going to be other times when standing is also appropriate. If you are unable to participate there are options. You can go to the game, but you can't complain when those around you are behaving in a way which is fully appropriate given the context it is a sporting event and people stand. Another option is if you are disabled and can't stand, then get a spot in the handicapped sections. Of course, there is always the option to stay home and watch the game on TV where you do have more control over who is standing in front of you during gameplay. It isn't anyone's personal responsibility to insure another person is having a good time as long as they are staying within the parameters of their own behavior being appropriate. Given this is a sporting event, there are times when sitting is the least appropriate behavior.

If you go to a Bison game, be prepared to stand. It may only happen during some prescribed times or it may happen spontaneously during other times of the game. It might even last longer than you anticipated. Either join in by standing, don't stand but keep the complaining to yourself, or seek an alternative to the situation where you can enjoy the game completely on your own terms.
    This has never happened to me.

Let's get real here. You can have a set of unwritten rules..............or seek an alternative to the situation where you can enjoy the game completely on your own terms.
    I have no problem with any of your above statements. Your previous posts led me to believe you think it is okay for a single fan to stand for the entire game while everybody else around him is seated. Is that okay in your way of thinking or not?

For the record, I can't get up to stand all the time. I've adapted to my situation the best I can to make sure I can still attend the games in person. I understand the appropriate times when people get up in front of me, so I watch the video boards when that happens. I have yet to ask somebody to sit down, but if someone felt compelled to stand in front of me while the rest of the section is seated, I would say something then. To me, that's just flat out rude.

In regards to the handicap sections available in the dome: They suck! They are in the end zones and the corners. I'll stay in my section on the 35 yard line as long as I am able to get there.

Quote Originally Posted by BraxtonT View Post
    I have no problem with any of your above statements. Your previous posts led me to believe you think it is okay for a single fan to stand for the entire game while everybody else around him is seated. Is that okay in your way of thinking or not?

For the record, I can't get up to stand all the time. I've adapted to my situation the best I can to make sure I can still attend the games in person. I understand the appropriate times when people get up in front of me, so I watch the video boards when that happens. I have yet to ask somebody to sit down, but if someone felt compelled to stand in front of me while the rest of the section is seated, I would say something then. To me, that's just flat out rude.

In regards to the handicap sections available in the dome: They suck! They are in the end zones and the corners. I'll stay in my section on the 35 yard line as long as I am able to get there.
    I don't think a single fan standing is appropriate.

How about those that want to sit just come to the game once all the others start to leave early
    “Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't” - Jerry Rice