Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: Visiting Football Fans

Default Re: Visiting Football Fans

When I get too old to stand because the people in front of me are pumped about the game and standing, it will be time to stay home. It is part of the experience and it should be expected.

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Too complicated. My Rules:

When to Stand:
    Kickoffs
    Bison on Defense
    In Frisco

When to Sit:
    Whatever is Left

People aren't required to follow the when to stand rule, but shouldn't complain about others who do.
    This is pretty reasonable and was basically the unwritten rule in the endzone section that I sat in during the WIU game. I usually glance behind me to see if others are standing. If not, I'll stay seated unless, the people in front of me are standing and obstructing my view. In that case, well, I paid to watch the game too.

NDSUSR is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    That's a good idea if you are the only one standing. What if you are in row T and everyone from A to S is also standing?
    I can only control things which are within my scope.

NDSUSR is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    When I get too old to stand because the people in front of me are pumped about the game and standing, it will be time to stay home. It is part of the experience and it should be expected.
    Rare for me to give neg rep....

"Way to respect your elders... DICK!"

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUSR View Post
    Rare for me to give neg rep....

"Way to respect your elders... DICK!"
    It isn't about respecting elders or not. It is about expectations and whether I can live with them or not. I fully expect the people in front of me to stand during the game. If and when I am unable to stand, which will probably happen, then it is time to stay home if it bothers me. Otherwise, if the ability to stand is a disability, there are sections for that, as well.

We are talking about a football game, not a poetry recital. Of all the things I expect to happen at a football game, fans standing during parts or all of it are certainly one of them. My or anyone else's ability to participate AND have a problem with it has nothing to do with respect for anyone, it is a failure to appreciate what they signed up for.

It isn't about respecting elders or not. It is about expectations and whether I can live with them or not. I fully expect the people in front of me to stand during the game. If and when I am unable to stand, which will probably happen, then it is time to stay home if it bothers me. Otherwise, if the ability to stand is a disability, there are sections for that, as well.

We are talking about a football game, not a poetry recital. Of all the things I expect to happen at a football game, fans standing during parts or all of it are certainly one of them. My or anyone else's ability to participate AND have a problem with it has nothing to do with respect for anyone, it is a failure to appreciate what they signed up for.
    Yeah, people crying better not attend Frisco if they make it or any big FBS game

But I can't believe this is a topic right now
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    Yeah, people crying better not attend Frisco if they make it or any big FBS game

But I can't believe this is a topic right now
    Better than the kneeling debate.....
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Honest question, because I do not know the answer nor if there is one. Has there ever been consideration for a section with this in mind? A couple of hundred seats given to those that when purchasing understand it is sitting only?
    Spider 2 Y Banana

Quote Originally Posted by NachZ View Post
    Honest question, because I do not know the answer nor if there is one. Has there ever been consideration for a section with this in mind? A couple of hundred seats given to those that when purchasing understand it is sitting only?
    Yeah, it's called KVLY-TV or ESPN3. Already been worked out.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NachZ View Post
    Thats what some countries do in Europe for soccer. Seems to work well.
    College of Business Alumnus