Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Visiting Football Fans

Default Re: Visiting Football Fans

Bison Nation, what a great weekend.

It's usually been the three of us doing these football outings. But, this year our third partner in crime was otherwise occupied. And he seriously missed out.

The tailgating was spectacular. Special shout out to BFKasper14 for the personalized tour. The man met us for a drink when we arrived Thursday evening then took us on a grand tour of the tailgate. Seriously solid guy. Every place we went we were met by the friendliest fans who were more than generous with their food and drink. It was great just to talk football with fans who actually know about good football. Another shout out to Bisonettefan for the hookup on tickets. She definitely went above and beyond and for that we thank her.

Inside the Dome was amazing. Again, you can tell the knowledge of a football crowd by when they get loud. When NDSU had the ball, everyone went quiet. When the defense took the field, the place went nuts. I can't tell you how many places I've been to with fans who don't get this basic football concept (looking your way Texas Tech). Home field advantage: NDSU, each and every time.

You guys have something special there in Fargo. Great fans, a rock solid football team, and an atmosphere inside and outside the Dome that many (most?) FBS schools would give anything to have.

Great win against UNI and best of luck with the rest of the season and playoffs.

Sincerely,

PlainsAg

Glad you had fun... Never got a chance to meet you, maybe next time when you bring third wheel

Always liked reading these first impression posts from visitors... We get a lot of these from fans of teams ndsu sees in the playoffs but wouldn't normally see in the regular season

NDSUSR is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Glad you had a fun trip!!!!!

I looked up and seen a few guys in Notre Dame gear and thought that had to be you guys. I wish I would have said hi! I'm glad you enjoyed you're trip.

Come again and bring the 3rd Musketeer next time! OR... meet us in Frisco!!!

BFKasper14 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

It was a blast meeting you guys! Couple of the nicest men you will meet! Hopefully you got enough to eat and drink! Come back soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    One does not simply walk into the FARGODOME...

New poster here, SD fan that will be making it to Fargo this weekend for the game. We like to have a good time and mingle with other fan bases. But, I was wondering about tailgating spaces and availability. Are they all reserved spaces, if so are they all sold out? Any information would be great. Looking forward to a great game this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by yodayote View Post
    New poster here, SD fan that will be making it to Fargo this weekend for the game. We like to have a good time and mingle with other fan bases. But, I was wondering about tailgating spaces and availability. Are they all reserved spaces, if so are they all sold out? Any information would be great. Looking forward to a great game this weekend.
    There is a small section of general admission spots for tailgating. My guess is this week if you show up a bit before 9:30 you’ll get a spot but don’t count that as a guarantee. In general about 65-70 rigs/buses/trailers get in depending on spots needed for each. You must by twice the number of spots your vehicle takes up and are limited to only that amount. $5 a spot which is highway robbery for us fans. As has been posted many times on this board get to the lots early and walk around, you’ll have more food and booze offered to you than you can eat/drink. As long as you’re friendly you will find only welcoming tailgating groups.

Have fun and enjoy the day because it will fly by faster than you realize.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by yodayote View Post
    how many SD folks do you have coming up?

deer hunting and bandwagon fans falling off due to 1 loss, should be plenty of room for tailgating and 800 tickets from students returned. enjoy!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?