Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Visiting Football Fans

Default Visiting Football Fans

Every fall some friends and I visit one great football venue for a home game. In the past we've seen games at Notre Dame, Texas A&M, Cotton Bowl, etc. This weekend we are thrilled to go up to Fargo to see the Bison. I'm coming from Oklahoma, one buddy is Indianapolis, the other Mobile, Alabama

Two things we could use some help with from the folks who would know. First, what are the pubs and watering holes that should be included for the weekend?

And also, what's the skinny on tickets for the UNI game? When individual tickets went on sale I couldn't ever get through online to buy any. I've posted a thread on the exchange so hopefully someone wants to make some money. Is it worth it to stand in line Friday at the ticket office or do we take our chances with the scalpers on game day?

Appreciate any recommendations and info and best of luck to the Bisons.

LW

Default Re: Visiting Football Fans

Go downtown,UNI brings lots of fans so usually a good atmosphere
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

What kind of watering holes are you looking for? Microbreweries or dives? Junkyard is the best brewery in town, Fargo Brewing has the best beer names for mementos.

I haven't heard of anybody physically going to the ticket office. Your chances online on Friday are a bit better than they were originally. But not a sure thing.

PlainsAg - Welcome & glad you are coming! Are there 3 of you? Last week there were 2 guys from Florida who flew in for the game & did the same thing. This is awesome! Let us know how many tickets you are looking for, & we'll try to help.

We'll just need 2 tickets for the UNI game. Turns out our Alabama friend has a wedding to be at. Who schedules a wedding during football season, anyway??

As far as bars we're more inclined to drink what's not available outside the region. That being said we've enjoyed the Linebacker in South Bend, the Chimes in Baton Rouge and the Dixie Chicken in Aggieland, so anything on par with them is fine with us.

Thanks for all you help and hospitality.

LW

Tailgate starts 5 hours before game. Stop by Horny Bison Tailgate for Food, Beer and Jagbombs.

Come by the Frisco Cruiser if you like loud, obnoxious music and End Zone Bombs.

https://www.facebook.com/FriscoCruiser
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by PlainsAg View Post
    We'll just need 2 tickets for the UNI game. Turns out our Alabama friend has a wedding to be at. Who schedules a wedding during football season, anyway??

As far as bars we're more inclined to drink what's not available outside the region. That being said we've enjoyed the Linebacker in South Bend, the Chimes in Baton Rouge and the Dixie Chicken in Aggieland, so anything on par with them is fine with us.

Thanks for all you help and hospitality.

LW
    Then you'll want to hit the breweries and the distillery for local booze
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    Then you'll want to hit the breweries and the distillery for local booze
    Also Wurst Bier Hall has a broad selection of local/regional craft beers and awesome food.

Tickets - can also try Craigslist - they are a few on there. Also, I believe NDSU releases any unclaimed student and visiting team tickets on Friday morning at 8:00am. Might not be too many unclaimed for this game, but you can try.
    The white jerseys are the best. Don't even bother to argue.

'member when that cynical Bisonville guy got all paranoid when that last visitor started a thread like this this and got chastised........'member that?