Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: PWO (accepted?): Trae Steckler

Default Re: 2018 Verbal: Trae Steckler

Trae decommited from NDSU and has signed with UND. https://twitter.com/stecklertrae/sta...87247844102144
    Keep your expectations low enough and you will always be happy with the results

BisManBison is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by SUBISON247 View Post
    Trae decommited from NDSU and has signed with UND. https://twitter.com/stecklertrae/sta...87247844102144
    I just puked in my mouth. Assuming they offered a scholarship and apparently he never signed a LOI?
    The young in this country do not know enough to be prudent,
    and therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it generation after generation - Pearl S. Buck

Some guys want to play right away and NDSU doesn't like to do that.
    Or perhaps the school up north met more of his educational goals.
    You can decide if I needed purple.
    Either way, good luck to him
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Guessing Bubba offered a scholarship. Can't blame a kid for taking a scholly over a PWO. Good luck to him on his future after college.

So apparently PWOs don't sign NLIs? NDSU announced him as part of the signing day class last Wednesday so I would assume he didn't sign an NLI unless he already requested a release and NDSU granted it... if that's the case it would be very strange indeed.

EDIT: He was also mentioned by Klieman in his signing day press conference. Not sure how that's possible if a NLI hasn't been signed.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    So apparently PWOs don't sign NLIs? NDSU announced him as part of the signing day class last Wednesday so I would assume he didn't sign an NLI unless he already requested a release and NDSU granted it... if that's the case it would be very strange indeed.

EDIT: He was also mentioned by Klieman in his signing day press conference. Not sure how that's possible if a NLI hasn't been signed.
    Does this become a lesson learned with the early signing period to only announce those kids that signed NLI and not announce the PWOs?

Sounds like walk-ons can sign for scholarship money. They aren't "official" until they enroll I think.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    Sounds like walk-ons can sign for scholarship money. They aren't "official" until they enroll I think.
    The walkon connotation has changed drastically over the years. Now walkons are recruited and vetted like any other player. Very rarely to you have a kid walk in to the coaches office and say---I want to play. They then have the pecking order of who gets money when some comes available.

There is also the possibility that they dont actually sign because there is no scholarship involved. Which would leave them open to sign with another school.
    Last edited by 56BISON73; 12-27-2017 at 03:14 AM.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Bisonwinagn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Does this become a lesson learned with the early signing period to only announce those kids that signed NLI and not announce the PWOs?
    I don't think a coach is allowed to mention a kids name that is being recruited regardless if PWO or not. Something seems really fishy about this deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonwinagn View Post
    I don't think a coach is allowed to mention a kids name that is being recruited regardless if PWO or not. Something seems really fishy about this deal.
    Come to think of it you’re right. But if a PWO can switch commitments after signing day my guess is they won’t be mentioned in the future. Wasn’t an issue before because signing day came and went. Well now there is a second signing day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk