Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: UNI Pregame Thread

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: UNI Pregame Thread

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    UNI is our Biggest RIVAL. period. Goto a game down there, they HATE what NDSU has done.

LJ Fort running Pat Paschall into the wall at dome.

UNI sacking NDSU 10 times in 1st game

NDSU taking UNI coaches.

the HATED RIVALRY IS HERE. EMBRACE IT!!
    I hate to say this but I agree. UNI has the best record of Valley teams against us since we joined the Conference.Their fans were arrogant pricks when they beat us three years in a row. They always play us tough. Nobody else has done that...fuck UNI!...I get it though, lots of johnny come lately's or the youngsters don't remember that shit!

Quote Originally Posted by semobison View Post
    I hate to say this but I agree. UNI has the best record of Valley teams against us since we joined the Conference.Their fans were arrogant pricks when they beat us three years in a row. They always play us tough. Nobody else has done that...fuck UNI!...I get it though, lots of johnny come lately's or the youngsters don't remember that shit!
    So hypothetically, if we were to only win 1 game a year you'd want it to be UNI?

Are they a rival? Absolutely. Biggest rivalry game? Nah.

I'm just worried they are going to Rozeboom a Bison player and we are getting near the end of our depth.

(BTW, I like using Rozeboom as a verb; heard JJ do that on the insiders.....)

Quote Originally Posted by BisonLaw View Post
    So hypothetically, if we were to only win 1 game a year you'd want it to be UNI?

Are they a rival? Absolutely. Biggest rivalry game? Nah.
    Yup, that's the game! Sure we have a rivalry against the Jacks but it started out way too lovey dovey and has been rather one sided. The dislike has picked up steam in the last few years though....My most satisfying ever win in conference games was 2011 when we finally beat UNI and shut those assholes up. Their win against us in 2013 is our most lopsided loss of the championship era....for me that's what makes a rivalry!

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Yup, that's the game! Sure we have a rivalry against the Jacks but it started out way too lovey dovey and has been rather one sided. The dislike has picked up steam in the last few years though....My most satisfying ever win in conference games was 2011 when we finally beat UNI and shut those assholes up. Their win against us in 2013 is our most lopsided loss of the championship era....for me that's what makes a rivalry!
    2014 I believe

That's fair. The 2011 UNI game will certainly go down in history as a program changing moment.

We beat them in 2013. You meant 2014 when Wentz and the boys got beat at UNI who also had some stellar NFL talent.

Quote Originally Posted by wagsabison View Post
    2014 I believe
    Yup, My bad....that's what happens when I get riled up!

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Maybe Bruce getting 25-30 carries this week will be a good thing. He can get in a groove and put up some solid numbers.

Yup, My bad....that's what happens when I get riled up!
    Only noticed as I think it would have taken Alabama to beat the 2013 team.