Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: UNI Pregame Thread

Default Re: UNI Pregame Thread

Jirik said yesterday during The Brake Down that UNI was the game on the calendar they circled. SDSU wasn't really a rival because NDSU always beat them. UNI there was history, hatred, coaching changes, Coach K not wanting to lose to the team he left, etc. Even had a fun little story about telling their QB to quit handing it off to Johnson and use his legs for once. Next play, QB keeps it, Jirik drills him. Lots of trash talk.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

UNI is the Bison's bitch. 31-14

X-Factor is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    I am with semobison on this. UNI is the 1 game that I enjoy seeing us win more than any other, and conversely, hate to see us lose more than any other. The intensity on the field always seems to be ratcheted up a few notches, and it feeds into the stands as well.
    I get it. For me, I want to crush UNI and rub in the fact that they used to flaunt their precious conference championships at us, but the team I really don't want to lose to is cow town SDSU, since that would just be embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNation11 View Post
    Jirik said yesterday during The Brake Down that UNI was the game on the calendar they circled. SDSU wasn't really a rival because NDSU always beat them. UNI there was history, hatred, coaching changes, Coach K not wanting to lose to the team he left, etc. Even had a fun little story about telling their QB to quit handing it off to Johnson and use his legs for once. Next play, QB keeps it, Jirik drills him. Lots of trash talk.

thank you !! these d2 small town local yokels still get their rocks hard over und. UNI is our Rival on that football field. PERIOD!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

SDSU= I want a win and show sportsmanship.
    UNI= I want a win, and I want their team to be physically destroyed, make Farley pop some blood vessels, show them the NDSU Championship banners (which they have none) and rub their faces in yet another season of playing second fiddle to NDSU. All because of how great they always made it seem like they were, but just could not ever get over the hump.
    From the movie THE PROGRAM

Regent Chairman: This is not a football vocational school. It's an institute for higher learning.
    Coach Winters: Yeah, but when was the last time 80,000 people showed up to watch a kid do a damn chemistry experiment? Why don't you stick the bow-tie up your ass?

I don't understand why people still think so highly of SDSU. After their multiple cheap shots over the years and behavior of a some of their fans I want to pummel them into oblivion.

With that said, BTHO UNI.

Quote Originally Posted by 1st&TennBison View Post
    SDSU= I want a win and show sportsmanship.
    UNI= I want a win, and I want their team to be physically destroyed, make Farley pop some blood vessels, show them the NDSU Championship banners (which they have none) and rub their faces in yet another season of playing second fiddle to NDSU. All because of how great they always made it seem like they were, but just could not ever get over the hump.
    I used to think that way but my opinion of both teams has changed. After the playoff game against UNI, I've had a lot more respect for their fans, coaches and their players. And I used to have a lot of respect for SDSU but that game has really soured. Everything from their shitty fans yelling in the face of 10 year olds to their cheap players twisting ankles in piles, has made me lose a ton of respect for them. I wish UNI the best and SDSU can go choke on a fat one.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

cbline is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

This is how I want every team to feel when they leave the field after playing NDSU: with their hopes crushed and having them questioning their life choices.

Quote Originally Posted by cbline View Post
    This is how I want every team to feel when they leave the field after playing NDSU: with their hopes crushed and having them questioning their life choices.
    It was interesting on Saturday as the Leathernecks went to the locker room with the lead at halftime. Players were smiling and felling really good (as they should have). But after the final horn had sounded one player left the field right away with shaking no ones hand. The others coming off the field totally dejected. I think so many teams put 110% effort into beating NDSU that when they lose they just feel worse than losing to a poor team. Their players played hard and well, just could no finish the effort. UNI will not give up on Saturday. We need to crush their spirit right away.
    Last edited by Mr Meaty; 10-24-2017 at 09:00 PM. Reason: mispilled werd opps I did it again.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.