Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: UNI Pregame Thread

gumby013 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default UNI Pregame Thread

Looking good Billy Ray!

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: UNI Pregame Thread

I saw UNI vs YSU game last week. These are my observations from that game.

1) When it is 3-long, 3-8 the QB throws the ball to their tall WR, Darius Fountain. Darius Fountain is his #1 read.
    2) They run some type of Texas routes. The receiver starts running near the edge and then suddenly cuts and moves towards the middle. The QB throws a quick short pass right through the middle to the receiver.
    3) In the red-zone , 1-Goal, 3-Goal type of situation they mostly call running plays and Marcus Weymiller is the call carrier. They also ran WildCat during that situation.

Warning: This game is not for the weak hearted or seniors with serious heart conditions.

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/922143387456811008
    Last edited by GOBISON123; 10-23-2017 at 11:32 PM.
    " Our strategy for winning against BISON was simple, we put our WRs and RBs in a 1 on 1 situation with their defense in the backfield.....everybody knows they have some freshman who cannot tackle in a 1 on 1 situation.....Joe Glen"

Hail the BISON!!!

Apparently they've recently switched to a 3-3-5 defense with a hybrid LB/DE (Rickey Neal) being a joker type pass rusher and their defense has really taken off since. Normally I'd think the Bison could run on a 3-3-5 but they shut YSU's run game down last week (36 rushes for 47 yards and 13 TFLs) so that's not a given especially with a thin RB corps.

I think Stick is going to have to open this one up with his running ability like he did against YSU.

Always to very tough game for us, it's their super bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by LITTLEGUYSINGREEN View Post
    Always to very tough game for us, it's their super bowl.
    I've gone like five years since my last comment, but believe me it's not UNI's super bowl. I think UNI is very annoyed and upset that they are no longer the top team in the league, but they still have the old mentality, warranted or not. NDSU is an important game but not as important as the in-state game. They play NDSU tough because they are a tough team, if not always the most disciplined or skilled.

Quote Originally Posted by pantherhawkrolling View Post
    I've gone like five years since my last comment, but believe me it's not UNI's super bowl. I think UNI is very annoyed and upset that they are no longer the top team in the league, but they still have the old mentality, warranted or not. NDSU is an important game but not as important as the in-state game. They play NDSU tough because they are a tough team, if not always the most disciplined or skilled.
    Yep Superbowl!

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    Yep Superbowl!
    We are the He-Man to their Skeletor.

Call it their Battle for Eternia then.

Quote Originally Posted by pantherhawkrolling View Post
    So misguided. You consider a OOC game against a FBS opponent to be your most important game each year over the game that can have conference lead implications as well as playoff placement. In NDSU land we have found this kind of statement by you to be called denial or even a failure to admit that your team has just plain lost all its mojo.
    From the movie THE PROGRAM

Regent Chairman: This is not a football vocational school. It's an institute for higher learning.
    Coach Winters: Yeah, but when was the last time 80,000 people showed up to watch a kid do a damn chemistry experiment? Why don't you stick the bow-tie up your ass?

Quote Originally Posted by 1st&TennBison View Post
    So misguided. You consider a OOC game against a FBS opponent to be your most important game each year over the game that can have conference lead implications as well as playoff placement. In NDSU land we have found this kind of statement by you to be called denial or even a failure to admit that your team has just plain lost all its mojo.
    #LittleBrotherSyndrome