Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: UNI Pregame Thread

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: UNI Pregame Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    It was interesting on Saturday as the Leathernecks went to the locker room with the lead at halftime. Players were smiling and felling really good (as they should have). But after the final horn had sounded one player left the field right away with shaking no ones hand. The others coming off the field totally dejected. I think so many teams put 110% effort into beating NDSU that when they lose they just feel worse than losing to a poor team. Their players played hard and well, just could no finish the effort. UNI will not give up on Saturday. We need to crush their sprite right away.
    I'll bet you love having your seats where you're at since you get to see the opposing team up close both coming and leaving. I always check out their body language as they're gathering together prior to running onto the field. Gotta think that as an opposing player you'd be pretty jacked up to play in that kind of an environment against the Bison. I'll never forget Georgia Southern II when they went out to the middle of the field during lights out waiting for the Bison to come out of the tunnel, that was awesome. Also remember a couple of Richmond players crawling around on all fours like a couple of spiders as the Herd took the field, good stuff. WIU brought some swagger to the dome on Saturday, I would expect nothing less from the Panthers.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

It was interesting on Saturday as the Leathernecks went to the locker room with the lead at halftime. Players were smiling and felling really good (as they should have). But after the final horn had sounded one player left the field right away with shaking no ones hand. The others coming off the field totally dejected. I think so many teams put 110% effort into beating NDSU that when they lose they just feel worse than losing to a poor team. Their players played hard and well, just could no finish the effort. UNI will not give up on Saturday. We need to crush their sprite right away.

We need to crush their sprite right away.
    Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

Quote Originally Posted by 13>1 View Post
    I'll bet you love having your seats where you're at since you get to see the opposing team up close both coming and leaving. I always check out their body language as they're gathering together prior to running onto the field. Gotta think that as an opposing player you'd be pretty jacked up to play in that kind of an environment against the Bison. I'll never forget Georgia Southern II when they went out to the middle of the field during lights out waiting for the Bison to come out of the tunnel, that was awesome. Also remember a couple of Richmond players crawling around on all fours like a couple of spiders as the Herd took the field, good stuff. WIU brought some swagger to the dome on Saturday, I would expect nothing less from the Panthers.
    Oh WIU had plenty of swagger alright. Before their first offensive play they were bouncing around the sidelines, waving their arms for the crowd to get louder. First play... Sack. Immediate dejection. Now their first series went ok, but I thought it was interesting how quickly the life was sucked out of them. Never really paid attention to the sidelines after that. Walk in to halftime they were pretty pumped up but they hadn't really done anything, especially offensively, for me to feel down about the game. It is really interesting to watch teams as they leave like you said.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    Now that's funny

It was interesting on Saturday as the Leathernecks went to the locker room with the lead at halftime. Players were smiling and felling really good (as they should have). But after the final horn had sounded one player left the field right away with shaking no ones hand. The others coming off the field totally dejected. I think so many teams put 110% effort into beating NDSU that when they lose they just feel worse than losing to a poor team. Their players played hard and well, just could no finish the effort. UNI will not give up on Saturday. We need to crush their spirit right away.
    Hail the BISON!!!

HerdBoy is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Always a good game. UNI has been improving week to week. Bison 17 -UNI 14 OT.

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNation11 View Post
    Jirik said yesterday during The Brake Down that UNI was the game on the calendar they circled. SDSU wasn't really a rival because NDSU always beat them. UNI there was history, hatred, coaching changes, Coach K not wanting to lose to the team he left, etc. Even had a fun little story about telling their QB to quit handing it off to Johnson and use his legs for once. Next play, QB keeps it, Jirik drills him. Lots of trash talk.
    I heard that segment. Jirik is a great co host for that show. I can't want to see the BISON playing old school smashmouth football against out real rivals. Little brother down I 29 has nothing.

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Yesterday during the weekly press conference Mark Farley had interesting thing to say. I dont know if this is mostly normal Coach speak but he made some interesting comments about Courtney Messingham.

From 4:18 until 8:00

https://soundcloud.com/newstalk1540k...hers-play-here
    " Our strategy for winning against BISON was simple, we put our WRs and RBs in a 1 on 1 situation with their defense in the backfield.....everybody knows they have some freshman who cannot tackle in a 1 on 1 situation.....Joe Glen"