Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bracketology 3.0

Default Re: Bracketology 3.0

I think Condoleezza Rice is one of the smartest people on the planet. Her accolades and accomplishments are phenomenal at just about every point in her life. That being said, one of the most impressive stories about her was as a part of the NCAA playoff committee, she would watch a minimum of 15 hours of football every week. She was still teaching, consulting about Russian politics, and doing other things a really smart person would do but still was so dedicated to her responsibility to the committee, she would put that much time into watching football. Every week of the college football season, she would spend 15 hours watching football. Now one would think this was like 5 games. No, she was watching the games without commercials, without timeouts, and without the time between plays. She was getting game tape of everything condensed down to just football. Then, 15 hours of this.

If she was able to do this with her insane schedule, you would think the FCS committee could watch a few games here and there to at least get a feel for football outside of their comfort zone.

Elon has come out of nowhere. They are in seed conversation.

DIBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

By the end of the year the Big Sky will only have three teams in the playoffs and the only reason for that many is due to the size of their conference. That conference does not play good football and their flagship team got pounded by the Bison. The MVFC will have and does deserve 5 teams in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    I think Condoleezza Rice is one of the smartest people on the planet. Her accolades and accomplishments are phenomenal at just about every point in her life. That being said, one of the most impressive stories about her was as a part of the NCAA playoff committee, she would watch a minimum of 15 hours of football every week. She was still teaching, consulting about Russian politics, and doing other things a really smart person would do but still was so dedicated to her responsibility to the committee, she would put that much time into watching football. Every week of the college football season, she would spend 15 hours watching football. Now one would think this was like 5 games. No, she was watching the games without commercials, without timeouts, and without the time between plays. She was getting game tape of everything condensed down to just football. Then, 15 hours of this.

If she was able to do this with her insane schedule, you would think the FCS committee could watch a few games here and there to at least get a feel for football outside of their comfort zone.
    She takes things a lot more serious than most.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    She takes things a lot more serious than most.

I am not saying anyone has to be that serious, but considering these decisions affect a lot of hard work, dedication, and time spent by these student/athletes, the committee should respect this to be dedicated enough to be somewhat engaged. I just so much get this feeling they will wait until they gather to hear someone else tell them how they should vote.

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    I am not saying anyone has to be that serious, but considering these decisions affect a lot of hard work, dedication, and time spent by these student/athletes, the committee should respect this to be dedicated enough to be somewhat engaged. I just so much get this feeling they will wait until they gather to hear someone else tell them how they should vote.
    I believe voting members should be as serious and as dedicated to their position as she is. Last year, the first couple of polls were terrible.

Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    I believe voting members should be as serious and as dedicated to their position as she is. Last year, the first couple of polls were terrible.

Rice is the gold standard. Right now the FCS playoff committee has no standard with the exceptional of possibly breathing and that is debatable.

DePereBisonFan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Elon has come out of nowhere. They are in seed conversation.
    Elon has been outscored on the season 187-193, yet is 7-1, all of its wins over DI competition. I'm not sure I've ever seen anything like that before. All its victories are close, and it's one loss at Toledo was a blowout.
    "It's important in this life to dream big" - Brock Jensen during one of Kolpack and Izzo's pregame shows of the 2014 season.

"If you quit now, you quit for the rest of your life" - Chris Board 8/17/16 in the forum article.