Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bracketology 3.0

Default Bracketology 3.0

YSU out after falling to UNI, Panthers just on the edge....Illinois State sneaks back into the mix after upsetting the Yotes.

Duquesne at Stony Brook vs 1. JMU
    Lehigh at Delaware vs 8. Samford

EWU at McNeese State vs 5. SHSU
    Kennesaw State at WIU vs 4. UCA

Western Carolina at Elon vs 3. JSU
    SUU at SDSU vs 6. USD

Weber State at Illinois State vs 7. Wofford
    San Diego at NAU vs 2. NDSU

Autobid(10):
    Big Sky: Northern Arizona
    Big South: Kennesaw State
    CAA: JMU
    MVFC: NDSU
    NEC: Duquesne
    OVC: JSU
    Patriot: Lehigh
    Pioneer: San Diego
    SoCon: Samford
    SLC: UCA

At-Large(14)
    Big Sky: Weber State, EWU, SUU
    CAA: Elon, Delaware, Stony Brook
    MVFC: WIU, USD, Illinois State, SDSU
    SoCon: Western Carolina, Wofford
    SLC: SHSU, McNeese State

Bubble:
    Montana, UNH, The Citadel, Nicholls State, Eastern Illinois, UNI, YSU, SIU, Richmond, Villanova, Furman, SLU
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

BisonTru is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Bracketology 3.0

My take:

Villanova 1 James Madison
    Lehigh

Western Carolina 8 Wofford
    Elon

Nicholls St 4 Central Arkansas
    Northern Iowa

Weber St 5 Western Illinois
    Sam Houston St

Duquesne 3 Jacksonville St.
    Samford

Eastern Washington 6 South Dakota
    South Dakota St

San Diego 7 Southern Utah
    Northern Arizona

Monmouth 2 North Dakota St
    Delaware

First four out Montana
    Youngstown St
    McNeese St
    Furman

Next four out Stony Brook
    Illinois State
    Southern Illinois
    Kennesaw St
    Quote Originally Posted by GOD
    Hail the Bison!

My end of the season seeds:
    1 JMU
    2 NDSU
    3 Jacksonville St
    4 Central Arkansas
    5 South Dakota
    6 Sam Houston St
    7 Wofford
    8 Eastern Washington.

Might do a bracket later

I think you’re short about 4 MVFC teams, but that’s just me.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

My end of the year bracket

Lehigh at Delaware vs 1. JMU
    WIU at Southern Utah vs 8. EWU

Duquesne at YSU vs 4. Central Arkansas
    Weber St at SDSU vs 5. South Dakota

Nicholls at Samford vs 3. Jacksonville St
    San Diego at McNeese vs 6. SHSU

Elon at Western Carolina vs 7. Wofford
    Monmouth at Villanova vs 2. NDSU

The Valley could look really strange in a couple of weeks. I have to think 7 wins gets you in for sure, but you look at the games left for everyone in the conference and the only guarantees right now are NDSU has 7 and there is no way Indiana State or Missouri State is getting to 7. USD looks like the safest bet until you see their schedule. If they lose to Southern Illinois, all of a sudden they have to win 1 out of 3 against NDSU, UNI, and SDSU. SDSU is sitting at 5 wins and say USD season ends with 4 straight losses, that means SDSU has a win against them and now they have to win 1 of 3 against WIU, NDSU, and ISU red. Then if SDSU only goes 1-3 to finish the season, ISU red has beaten SDSU and has to win 1 of 3 against YSU, WIU, and NDSU. Since in this scenario UNI beats USD, they get MSU and ISUb outside of NDSU and they start looking like UNI teams of every year with a good chance at 7. I can keep going with this but in the end, it could all be flipped around with a team like YSU scrapping itself off the floor and running the tables to 7 wins while USD and the couple of 5 win teams right now might be looking a 6 wins and a prayer. Too much of a logjam at 6 wins and they all aren't going to get in. USD would probably be out with 5 straight losses for sure. Then you have MSU and ISUb who could spoil someone's season big time with just one win at the wrong time for someone.

I think in the end, there is going to be a surprise team from another conference and a Valley team staying home because the Valley beat the crap out of each other. It might be a year of only 3 Valley teams. Certainly not fair, but that is FCS life. Still better than a 4 team playoff.

3 valley teams would be a rediculous decision. 8 would make more sense than 3.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    The Valley could look really strange in a couple of weeks. I have to think 7 wins gets you in for sure, but you look at the games left for everyone in the conference and the only guarantees right now are NDSU has 7 and there is no way Indiana State or Missouri State is getting to 7. USD looks like the safest bet until you see their schedule. If they lose to Southern Illinois, all of a sudden they have to win 1 out of 3 against NDSU, UNI, and SDSU. SDSU is sitting at 5 wins and say USD season ends with 4 straight losses, that means SDSU has a win against them and now they have to win 1 of 3 against WIU, NDSU, and ISU red. Then if SDSU only goes 1-3 to finish the season, ISU red has beaten SDSU and has to win 1 of 3 against YSU, WIU, and NDSU. Since in this scenario UNI beats USD, they get MSU and ISUb outside of NDSU and they start looking like UNI teams of every year with a good chance at 7. I can keep going with this but in the end, it could all be flipped around with a team like YSU scrapping itself off the floor and running the tables to 7 wins while USD and the couple of 5 win teams right now might be looking a 6 wins and a prayer. Too much of a logjam at 6 wins and they all aren't going to get in. USD would probably be out with 5 straight losses for sure. Then you have MSU and ISUb who could spoil someone's season big time with just one win at the wrong time for someone.

I think in the end, there is going to be a surprise team from another conference and a Valley team staying home because the Valley beat the crap out of each other. It might be a year of only 3 Valley teams. Certainly not fair, but that is FCS life. Still better than a 4 team playoff.
    Yea having NDSU IN THE 4 TEAM FBS PLAYOFF Would be horrible... what the heck
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    3 valley teams would be a rediculous decision. 8 would make more sense than 3.
    I don't disagree. I think there is going to be a buttload of 6 win teams in the Valley. It could go the the other way with 5 teams with 7 or more wins and then it is going to be really difficult for the committee to leave any of those schools off because to get to 7 in the Valley, you have to have had some quality wins. If the right couple of teams go on a late season run here and the wrong couple of teams go into a tailspin, it is going to leave a conference with a lot of teams with mediocre records and strong computer rankings. Yes, it would be reediculous because outside the top 3 or 4 teams in the FCS outside of the Valley, there is no one else, IMHO, who can compete week in and out in the Valley. Not withstand the physical and mental grind of the valley schedule for 8 games. Most Vallley schools have their stretches during the season where they can't handle it and they are recruiting for it.

There is always injustice in the playoff selections and it is my opinion if it plays out where the MVFC beats up on each other and record-wise everyone is bunched up with 6 wins rather than 7, it will be enough of an excuse for the committee to hammer this conference. Even though, down the line, Valley schools pounded OOC playoff teams, on average.

If I were forced to lay a bet on a number and were to count mostly on favored teams winning here on out, I would put the number at 4. Just like most everyone here. So falling to 3 is much more realistic than opening up to 8. I am not sure how 8 makes more sense.

They shouldnt be afraid to take a 6-5 MVC team