Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: WIU Post Game Thoughts

SoCalBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: WIU Post Game Thoughts

Game stats show Bison dominated, although it never really felt that way watching.

Total Yards: WIU 216, NDSU 402
    Passing Yards: WIU 185, NDSU 221
    Pass Att-Comp: WIU 17-28, NDSU 11-18
    Rushing Yards: WIU 31, NDSU 181
    Possession: WIU 25:44, NDSU 34:16

Two games in a row where we've been behind in the first quarter.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalBison View Post
    Game stats show Bison dominated, although it never really felt that way watching.
    Pick 6s will do that.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

The defense can score on an extra point try or two point conversion in college right?

That used to be a rule anyways.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    The defense can score on an extra point try or two point conversion in college right?

That used to be a rule anyways.
    Yes. That's been the case for a while in college but it's true even in the NFL now. The Saints lost a game to Denver last year when they were lining for the game winning extra point and Denver blocked it and returned it for 2 points. Denver won 25-23.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Yes. That's been the case for a while in college but it's true even in the NFL now. The Saints lost a game to Denver last year when they were lining for the game winning extra point and Denver blocked it and returned it for 2 points. Denver won 25-23.
    Yes I seem to remember the Bison scoring 2 points on a blocked extra points years ago.

We might need more then 24 points to beat jmu. Got to take the points when you can. And just for the record yes this is a minor complaint.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by A1pigskin View Post
    That makes sense if you throw it to the ground. This could be used as a teaching moment for the players and say run it back.
    DeLuca batted it down. Not once did I ever consider what he did a catch. The refs talked too much when they shouldn't have and didn't call obvious fouls when they should have. That whole reffing crew irritated me from the start. They looked confused and unorganized.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNation11 View Post
    DeLuca batted it down. Not once did I ever consider what he did a catch. The refs talked too much when they shouldn't have and didn't call obvious fouls when they should have. That whole reffing crew irritated me from the start. They looked confused and unorganized.
    He caught it and threw it down. I think the refs were discussing if that was batting the ball or a forward pass. Yeah the refs sucked.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Am I the only one who'd like to see the offense pick up the tempo every once in a while? I'm talking like once a game tops but I'd like to see them go no huddle after getting a first down to try to get the defense on their heels and get the offense some rhythm. Stick should be mature enough as a QB to handle that. Plus it would give them some much needed game reps in the two minute offense so it's not so foreign to them if they need it in another JMU type game late because God knows Klieman won't unleash the offense in a two minute situation at the end of a half unless he absolutely needs to.
    So much this. We're far too risk averse when we have an opportunity to be a little uptempo. Hopefully the next time we need to be we're not a deer in the headlights again.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Some say it's a backward place. Narrow minds on a narrow way, but I make it a point to say. That that's where I come from.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TbonZach View Post
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong - which is a distinct possibility - when a PAT is blocked and is caught by the blocking team, they have the opportunity to return it to their end zone for a safety. When the NDSU player caught the ball, he tossed it to the ground, thereby "giving up" that opportunity. It's definitely an obscure rule.
    Mostly true. They technically return it for a TD but a TD on a try is worth 2 points. A successful kick or safety are worth 1 point.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk