Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: WIU Post Game Thoughts

Default Re: WIU Post Game Thoughts

Team looks great. Offense is moving the ball pretty well. Stick looks sharp. D is still pretty solid despite the injuries at LB.

Another tough Valley team disposed of. On to UNI.

BFKasper14 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Fun game today. I had a sense of calm the entire game because I knew we would wear them out. The D Line played LIGHTS OUT today! It seemed like their QB was scrambling on every play. Cox is fun to watch.

That being said, the o-line struggled a little bit but they will be fine.

I enjoyed Messingham lining up in power for an entire series when Stick was struggling. Gave him a little time to get his head on straight.

Overall, fun game to watch! On to UNI!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    One does not simply walk into the FARGODOME...

I like football.

I thought coaching staff made great halftime adjustments. We pitched a shutout in second half and controlled the TOP. Great win onto UNI.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Am I the only one who'd like to see the offense pick up the tempo every once in a while? I'm talking like once a game tops but I'd like to see them go no huddle after getting a first down to try to get the defense on their heels and get the offense some rhythm. Stick should be mature enough as a QB to handle that. Plus it would give them some much needed game reps in the two minute offense so it's not so foreign to them if they need it in another JMU type game late because God knows Klieman won't unleash the offense in a two minute situation at the end of a half unless he absolutely needs to.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

This team has potential to be great. Coaches need to get these guys coached up. Fix the show boating penalty, try and score two points on a blocked extra point, and holy crap if you're just planning on taking a knee and going to halftime tell your kickoff return guys to at least try and return the kick. All things the coaches can fix. Lots of talent on this team. Life is good. Go Bison!

Lardsin must go!

Over 20 yards per completion. Don't see that very often.

IMO most teams use one RB so we are fortunate to have two or more good ones.

Punting looked really bad. He doesn't seem to be punting as high as last year.

Stupid unsportmanship penalties need to be cleaned up. Seems to be happening in every game. The players should know better by now.

I am still trying to understand the refs comments when WIU missed the extra point, about a player giving up and free kick. I've never heard such a comment like there was a penalty or something. Maybe someone in the know can elaborate on this.

I am still waiting for one of the Bison special return teams to take it all the way down for a TD. Bison are way overdue.

It was cool to see the Women's and Men's basketball team available at halftime signing posters at the South End.

Take away the pick 6 WIU didn't have much. Bison defense is truly amazing, all while a few players are not at 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by A1pigskin View Post
    I am still trying to understand the refs comments when WIU missed the extra point, about a player giving up and free kick. I've never heard such a comment like there was a penalty or something. Maybe someone in the know can elaborate on this.
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong - which is a distinct possibility - when a PAT is blocked and is caught by the blocking team, they have the opportunity to return it to their end zone for a safety. When the NDSU player caught the ball, he tossed it to the ground, thereby "giving up" that opportunity. It's definitely an obscure rule.
    Last edited by TbonZach; 10-22-2017 at 03:13 PM. Reason: Changed to safety, originally thought it was a one-point conversion
    I'm coo-coo for Coco's puffs!

WWTFSMD?

Do not speak of that of about which we talk of not speaking... about.

Real men wear aprons. 2Be1Ask1

Quote Originally Posted by TbonZach View Post
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong - which is a distinct possibility - when a PAT is blocked and is caught by the blocking team, they have the opportunity to return it to their end zone for a one-point conversion. When the NDSU player caught the ball, he tossed it to the ground, thereby "giving up" that opportunity. It's definitely an obscure rule.
    That makes sense if you throw it to the ground. This could be used as a teaching moment for the players and say run it back.