Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: WIU Post Game Thoughts

Default Re: WIU Post Game Thoughts

That was first thing I thought was why did he throw it down and teams run off the field? Was the discussion centered around that or was it a possible penalty as there was a penalty flag on the field??

Sent by my phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    This team has potential to be great. Coaches need to get these guys coached up. Fix the show boating penalty, try and score two points on a blocked extra point, and holy crap if you're just planning on taking a knee and going to halftime tell your kickoff return guys to at least try and return the kick. All things the coaches can fix. Lots of talent on this team. Life is good. Go Bison!
    The unsportsman-like penalties need to be gone! (Some in sect. 21 saw this differently... thought he tripped... but apparently not.) Enough of this.

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    This team has potential to be great. Coaches need to get these guys coached up. Fix the show boating penalty, try and score two points on a blocked extra point, and holy crap if you're just planning on taking a knee and going to halftime tell your kickoff return guys to at least try and return the kick. All things the coaches can fix. Lots of talent on this team. Life is good. Go Bison!
    Completely agree on the showboating. But I have a feeling that was taken care of immediately and will not see it again.

Deluca is still recovering from an injury and we want him to take an unnecessary risk for 2 points? For this game I was completely fine with this split second decision. Come playoff time will they probably try and score on it, yes.

And why would we try to return the kickoff if we are planning to take a knee? That makes no sense to me as I would think there is a much higher percent chance of a fumble on a kickoff then returning it from the end zone for a TD.

Does our coaching staff need to take a risk more often?? Sure they do, but let's continue to be smart about when to choose these times.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfanette View Post
    The unsportsman-like penalties need to be gone! (Some in sect. 21 saw this differently... thought he tripped... but apparently not.) Enough of this.
    Klieman was talking to Davis as soon as he came to the sideline. I'm sure he got the point but that was a really dumb play, great hit but you can't stand over the guy flexing

Quote Originally Posted by Bison20;1232002[B
    ]Klieman was talking to Davis [/B]as soon as he came to the sideline. I'm sure he got the point but that was a really dumb play, great hit but you can't stand over the guy flexing
    Coach Bryan Shepherd was in his ear as well.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

mtoutfitter is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison20 View Post
    Klieman was talking to Davis as soon as he came to the sideline. I'm sure he got the point but that was a really dumb play, great hit but you can't stand over the guy flexing
    Yep...totally agree! Also I think Cox is gonna get one before the year is out. Seems to be dancing or posing after he makes a good play....time will tell.
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Um it was the flexing the muscles in a guys face that got the penalty. Maybe they should have Joe Mays come and explain the tattoos on the back of his arms thing. No place for that showboating crap.

Lardsin must go!

That was probably me. When I saw it live I thought it looked like he put his hands up and was backing away.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post

And why would we try to return the kickoff if we are planning to take a knee? That makes no sense to me as I would think there is a much higher percent chance of a fumble on a kickoff then returning it from the end zone for a TD.
    I actually thought to myself well Deluca isn't healthy enough to run 98 yards but wasn't going to say it.

I think the fair punt catch before the touchback before halftime is what had me wanting to just see someone make a play. It's hard to make a play when you just fair catch or touchback everything. There was one fair catch punt that the return man even new he should have tried. That kicker was good he did boom some touchbacks. It just seemed the one before halftime was a little shorter then the rest. It's just been awhile since I've seen one taken to the house. Guess I'm getting greedy.

Like I said life is good.
    Go Bison!

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by tjamz View Post
    That was probably me. When I saw it live I thought it looked like he put his hands up and was backing away.
    That's what it looked like to me too...

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]