Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WIU Post Game Thoughts

Default WIU Post Game Thoughts

1) Rough start for Stick but another solid game in the end. Still the best QB iin the Valley by a mile.
    2) I hope Dunn is ok. Hip pointers suck. If not who is next behind Bruce with all the other injuries?
    3) Cox continues to impress. There was a play in the second quarter or so when WIU hit a TE in the flat and Cox closed on him and stopped the play dead. That kind of speed with his size is something special.
    4) I wish Legendowski had another year of eligibility. Probably my favorite Bison WR of all time.
    5) Some rough punts today. Need to get that worked out.
    6) First place in the Valley. The gauntlet continues. Bring on the purple pussies.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Default Re: WIU Post Game Thoughts

2) I'm assuming Cofield will be next up after Bruce.

Great game. Offense played great and our defense is elite!! Now lets hold on to first place the rest of the way. What is our record in the yellow jerseys? Undefeated I know, but how mant wins?
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

BisManBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by yopaulie View Post
    He's out for a couple more weeks with an MCL injury. Brooks is out with a hammy. If Dunn is out, a redshirt may have to get pulled.

Excellent defensive effort today. Keeping that offense out of the end zone was no small feat.
    The young in this country do not know enough to be prudent,
    and therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it generation after generation - Pearl S. Buck

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Wow, it is 3-10 we know WIU is going to throw the ball. We had two DBs covering the WIU WR in the backfield and still the WIU WR catches the ball. Both of our DBs were right next to that WR and still could not bat that ball away or force an incompletion.
    " Our strategy for winning against BISON was simple, we put our WRs and RBs in a 1 on 1 situation with their defense in the backfield.....everybody knows they have some freshman who cannot tackle in a 1 on 1 situation.....Joe Glen"

Quote Originally Posted by GOBISON123 View Post
    Wow, it is 3-10 we know WIU is going to throw the ball. We had two DBs covering the WIU WR in the backfield and still the WIU WR catches the ball. Both of our DBs were right next to that WR and still could not bat that ball away or force an incompletion.
    Cox is a stud, really glad he red shirted last year. Defense was great today

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by yopaulie View Post
    Dimitri Williams was the emergency rb today according to kvly

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Stick looked pretty awful for a stretch there but rebounded nicely. Tough win against a quality team.

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison20 View Post
    Cox is a stud, really glad he red shirted last year. Defense was great today
    The front four and our LB played lights out today. That Cole Karcz was outstanding.
    " Our strategy for winning against BISON was simple, we put our WRs and RBs in a 1 on 1 situation with their defense in the backfield.....everybody knows they have some freshman who cannot tackle in a 1 on 1 situation.....Joe Glen"

X-Factor is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    1) Rough start for Stick but another solid game in the end. Still the best QB iin the Valley by a mile.
    2) I hope Dunn is ok. Hip pointers suck. If not who is next behind Bruce with all the other injuries?
    3) Cox continues to impress. There was a play in the second quarter or so when WIU hit a TE in the flat and Cox closed on him and stopped the play dead. That kind of speed with his size is something special.
    4) I wish Legendowski had another year of eligibility. Probably my favorite Bison WR of all time.
    5) Some rough punts today. Need to get that worked out.
    6) First place in the Valley. The gauntlet continues. Bring on the purple pussies.
    - that’s a homer’s take. Stick is having a great year and has made big strides over last year, but Streveler is having an even bigger year and easily league MVP. Its really not even close and OK to admit that. We have Stick back next year, Streveler graduates.
    - a WR? TE from Lidgerwood? Maybe Cain can spell RB? We may need to find out. I’m optimistic Dunn or Brooks can go next week. I think we need 2 RBs to be effective with our offense style. Has any past Bison team lost this many RBs in a season? We are down 4...
    - Yep. Reminds me of DeLuca as a true freshman, maybe even more athletic. Cox needs to be on the field no matter who gets healthy.
    - Urz is really fun to watch. He just gets things done. Tremendous coordination. While I love Urz, Kole Heckendorf was easily miles ahead in terms of clutch catches and pure talent. I’ll never forget the @Cal Poly comeback with Scotty on the play by play. “Are you kidding me!....”
    - Punting has been subpar for the 2nd year and will continue to be for the duration of the season. This is one area where we’ve missed on recruiting.
    - UNI is going to bring it next week. We are fortunate to have the cushion that we do.