Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: GDT: NDSU v. Western Illinois

b15on is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default GDT: NDSU v. Western Illinois

#2 North Dakota State Bison (6-0, 3-0 MVFC) vs. #10 Western Illinois Leathernecks (5-1, 2-1 MVFC)
    Saturday, October 21, 2017 · 2:30 p.m. · Fargodome (18,700) · Fargo, ND

TV: Coverage begins at 2:30 p.m. on KVLY and the NBC North Dakota network with Brian Shawn calling the play-by-play, Lee Timmerman color analyst, and Ryan Gellner on the sidelines. ESPN3 will carry the game on WatchESPN.com and the WatchESPN app. Pregame coverage hosted by Alex Egan and Beth Hoole begins one hour prior to kickoff.
    RADIO: Coverage begins at 2 p.m. on KPFX-FM 107.9 The Fox and the Peterson Farms Seed Bison Radio Network with Jeff Culhane calling the play-by-play, Phil Hansen as color analyst, and Jeremy Jorgenson reporting from the sideline. Extended coverage on 107.9 The Fox includes "Bison Tailgate" from 11-12 p.m. with Brad Jones, "Bison Game Day" from 12-1 p.m., and “Bison Hotline” for 2 hours following the network broadcast with Keith Brake and Christian Dudzik.

Tailgating Weather: Partly cloudy skies in the morning will give way to cloudy skies during the afternoon. High 64F. Winds WSW at 10 to 20 mph.

Game Previews
    NDSU Game Preview Release
    Western Illinois Game Preview Release
    Missouri Valley Week Preview Release

The Fargo Forum
    The playmaker: If there's a will, there's a way to catch it for Urzendowski
    Senior Spotlight: Get to know Bison punter Jackson Koonce
    Senior Spotlight: Get to know Bison free safety Keenan Hodenfield

STATS.com
    FCS Game of the Week: Jacksonville State at Eastern Illinois
    FCS predictions: Quality teams at Top 25 doorstep

The McDonough County Voice
    Leathernecks ready for challenge of North Dakota State
    Big challenge, big opportunity for WIU at NDSU
    137-13 Official Bison GDT Starter

Default Re: GDT: NDSU v. Western Illinois

This is going to be a war!! After some cupcakes in the dome the first three games, its time to get loud and get crazy. This will be a fun game to watch!! Lets go Bison!!

Bison: 34
    Necks: 24
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

marenlee is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

It's so great watching college football on saturdays again. Don't have to get up at 3am on Sunday morning to watch Espn3. Got DIRECTV in Hawaii!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

28-14 today. Leathernecks put up a fight but in the end we Stick it to them. Horns Up Go Bison
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

RonMexico is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

35-31 Bison

27-7 Bison
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

“This is up there with all the places I’ve been as an FBS coach, this is up there with The Swamp, all of them, it’s as loud as the The Swamp,” Fisher said. “People ask me how can that be, there’s 19,000 as opposed to 95,00 and the reason is the configuration of the dome, it’s right on top of you, it’s configured a lot different than the other two domes we’ve been in, it’s straight up and down, it’s like a tin can and then they put 19,000 people in there who are great fans. They know how to get loud and they don’t wait for certain moments to get loud, every moment is loud, from the time you touch the ball on the first play to the last play they are great fans, they support their team and they know what it’s like to make it a tough environment on the opponent. The other two places were tough but this is without a doubt, one of the toughest places to play in college.”
    http://www.mcdonoughvoice.com/sports...or-wiu-at-ndsu

SoCalBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Bison fight through a back-and-forth battle, and pull out a 24-20 win.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    “This is up there with all the places I’ve been as an FBS coach, this is up there with The Swamp, all of them, it’s as loud as the The Swamp,” Fisher said. “People ask me how can that be, there’s 19,000 as opposed to 95,00 and the reason is the configuration of the dome, it’s right on top of you, it’s configured a lot different than the other two domes we’ve been in, it’s straight up and down, it’s like a tin can and then they put 19,000 people in there who are great fans. They know how to get loud and they don’t wait for certain moments to get loud, every moment is loud, from the time you touch the ball on the first play to the last play they are great fans, they support their team and they know what it’s like to make it a tough environment on the opponent. The other two places were tough but this is without a doubt, one of the toughest places to play in college.”
    http://www.mcdonoughvoice.com/sports...or-wiu-at-ndsu
    This is spot on. I've been to other stadiums that get as loud (Montana for example) but they only hit that level for a few key moments during the game. At the Fargodome it is constant noise, every down on defense. I think it's that more so than the peak volume that wears on an opposing team over the course of a game.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

I've been waiting for this part of the season all fall. Go Bison!

Lardsin must go!