Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bison Hoops Tip Off

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Bison Hoops Tip Off

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    I realize most of last night was for fun and some show. But are there any takeaways from either roster?
    Men's team takeaways were:
    1. As mentioned above you could definitely tell Tyson beefed up a little bit, he's gonna give Paul a run for his money to be our leading scorer this year I think
    2. There were no team drills but based just on the chemistry you could see between the guys and the fact that he was in the 3 pt contest made it appear Cam will be the starting PG this year
    3. Rocky looked like a guy that could contribute right away, you could tell by his build that he still had that baby fat going a bit like Dex did when he got here, I think a couple years in our S&C program and he's going to be a very solid player for us, very nice, smooth looking jump shot
    4. Quayle's shot was a little slow and a little goofy looking. He had good length which will help but I feel like he might be another AJ, who will have to have plenty of space to get his shot off.
    5. Yes, Jordan is tall....very tall. He needs this season to bulk up to survive a season banging around down low with D1 post players but once he steps on the court he will be rim protector like we haven't ever seen since I've been around Bison basketball

Women's Team takeaways
    I really don't follow the team that closely if I'm honest, it appears we've recruited some decent size, there's definitely some good shooters on the team as the women worked the men in the 3 point contest but the 4 tallest players on the team are 3 freshman and a sophomore and you could definitely tell they were young. I'm guessing they'll get thrown to the fire out of need this season but will definitely be some growing pains due to them being such a young team again.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    Men's team takeaways were:
    1. As mentioned above you could definitely tell Tyson beefed up a little bit, he's gonna give Paul a run for his money to be our leading scorer this year I think
    2. There were no team drills but based just on the chemistry you could see between the guys and the fact that he was in the 3 pt contest made it appear Cam will be the starting PG this year
    3. Rocky looked like a guy that could contribute right away, you could tell by his build that he still had that baby fat going a bit like Dex did when he got here, I think a couple years in our S&C program and he's going to be a very solid player for us, very nice, smooth looking jump shot
    4. Quayle's shot was a little slow and a little goofy looking. He had good length which will help but I feel like he might be another AJ, who will have to have plenty of space to get his shot off.
    5. Yes, Jordan is tall....very tall. He needs this season to bulk up to survive a season banging around down low with D1 post players but once he steps on the court he will be rim protector like we haven't ever seen since I've been around Bison basketball

Women's Team takeaways
    I really don't follow the team that closely if I'm honest, it appears we've recruited some decent size, there's definitely some good shooters on the team as the women worked the men in the 3 point contest but the 4 tallest players on the team are 3 freshman and a sophomore and you could definitely tell they were young. I'm guessing they'll get thrown to the fire out of need this season but will definitely be some growing pains due to them being such a young team again.
    Thank you. I am hoping the women's team can take a big step forward this year. Yes we are still young but you have to be able to compete. Could see last year they were in most games but then ran out of gas in 2nd half. More legs now and hope minutes can be spread around better. Unfortunately they will be throw into the fire like last years freshman.

Really looking forward to how Dave handles the guys this year. Jordan needs to be on a pizza and beer plan to add some weight. I assume all 4 freshmen will redshirt. With transfer Quayle and Dulm picking up minutes up top and more Geu and Eliason down low. Excited for both men and women season.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    How did you extrapolate your response out of my post. Your ignorance is astounding.
    Shocking, an NDSU fan falling down to personal insults. Your reputation proceeds you.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyExtacy View Post
    Shocking, an NDSU fan falling down to personal insults. Your reputation proceeds you.
    Are you trying to say that he accrues monetary reward based on his positive reputation or was that just a finger fumble, because the 'o' and the 'e' are quite a distance from each other.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Are you trying to say that he accrues monetary reward based on his positive reputation or was that just a finger fumble, because the 'o' and the 'e' are quite a distance from each other.
    He really has no understanding of what you just said.

Your ignorance proceeds you.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

You guys sure that guy is an SDSU troll? I'd guess he has other allegiances but just threw in the reference to SDSU to try to get a response. I'd suggest a 14-year old Grand Forks resident.

I thought I'd visit your board to read comments on your TipOff. Sorry to hear about AJ and the possible stress fracture (I know there was no pun intended but one poster said the guy couldn't catch a break -- accidental unfortunate word choice!). I don't like to hear about injuries to anyone...seems like AJ has been around a long time.

Personally, I'm glad to see there's no one named Dexter on your roster. That guy played lights out constantly against the Jacks. Had to admire his drive and competitive attitude.
    Go Jackrabbits!

Quote Originally Posted by JackJD View Post
    You guys sure that guy is an SDSU troll? I'd guess he has other allegiances but just threw in the reference to SDSU to try to get a response. I'd suggest a 14-year old Grand Forks resident.
    I was thinking the same thing...

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

I'm glad you can at least acknowledge that NDSU is a football only University. The backing you get for football is quite impressive. The backing you get for basketball is not. This is why you shouldn't be all that disappointed when SDSU steals your candy again.
    Ok. 10char.

I'm glad you can at least acknowledge that NDSU is a football only University. The backing you get for football is quite impressive. The backing you get for basketball is not. This is why you shouldn't be all that disappointed when SDSU steals your candy again.
    Lol at this guy......