Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Answer: 11

Default Re: Answer: 11

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Especially when you consider that there are only six guaranteed home games every year. Add in how much work these student-athletes put in, and I too, don't understand the concept of leaving after 60 to 90 minutes of football. I've heard a lot of excuses, especially in regards to beating traffic. However, after a decade of attending Broncos games, beating 19,000 people to get home is nothing compared to trying to beat 76,000 people.

Life is too short. Enjoy the moment of Bison Football. Look how much time each year we spend waiting for the season to arrive.
    I was at the MVSU home opener. People were leaving at the end of the first quarter. Couldn't believe it. Oh yeah...we're spoiled. It'll be interesting to see how we hang in there in a tight game.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonLaw View Post
    You must really like overtime!
    Just in case you weren't being snarky humorous, I wasn't referring to actually game time, but the actually time sitting in or standing by your seat.
    Hail the BISON!!!

I will admit I left two home games late in 3rd qtr. I never did that until this year. I feel the players on the field deserve my attention to the work they have put in. But I could not take watching the other team which was so horrible. Traffic is the worst excuse since the traffic jam is like 15 minutes. Now the 75 minute drive home might be a better excuse. But either way I felt bad for leaving. So to let those players down.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

spoiler alert. you put the answer to the question at the title of the thread.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

Quote Originally Posted by LITTLEGUYSINGREEN View Post
    Someone needs to revive the pom-pom thread.
    Still my all time favorite Bisonville post..when Mr. Burgundy called out Herdbot. "Gentleman, just to summarize here, this is a grown man trying to teach people how to waive pom pons in unison....."

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    That's Pom pon!!!
    Spoiled Brat!

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfanette View Post
    This really hurts...
    New Sign for you:

"I'm a spoiled Bison fan ............. and LOVING it!"

New sign for me:

"A Natty, Pom-poms, and GameDay every year ............... or I burn this place to the ground!"

My wife, who is not a sports person at all, asked how I can watch blowout games. "How is that even fun to watch?" she says. My response is always, that's my team so it's fun as hell, I get to see some of the guys that are up and coming, and I am only guaranteed 11-12 games a year. We have been extremely spoiled, especially with our QB's. I know all facets of the bison team are really freaking good, but you do not get to where we are with mediocre QB play.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonFanAnn View Post
    Herdbot, I hope the Youngstown State game was exciting enough for you.
    That did the trick. The first 5 games felt like Madden on easy level with the Pats vs Browns team. Youngstown got me fired up again and Western Illinois will be just as tough

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

No matter how many championships we don't win, how long it has been since we played an FBS team, or we have to sit through the torture of another 60-0 butt-whipping, remember this...

WE ARE NOT UND.

That alone should be enough to cheer us up when things are looking down.

"We're not F'Hawkers (clap, clap, clap-clap-clap)

We're not F'Hawkers (clap, clap, clap-clap-clap)

We're not F'Hawkers (clap, clap, clap-clap-clap)"
    Last edited by runtheoption; 10-19-2017 at 05:37 PM.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Especially when you consider that there are only six guaranteed home games every year. Add in how much work these student-athletes put in, and I too, don't understand the concept of leaving after 60 to 90 minutes of football. I've heard a lot of excuses, especially in regards to beating traffic. However, after a decade of attending Broncos games, beating 19,000 people to get home is nothing compared to trying to beat 76,000 people.

Life is too short. Enjoy the moment of Bison Football. Look how much time each year we spend waiting for the season to arrive.
    If you live in Fargo, or want to watch a close game instead of a blowout, nothing wrong with leaving. You bought the ticket, do with it as you please. Pretty low energy to leave during a good game though.

Life is too short to stay at a game that you don't want to be at anymore
    College of Business Alumnus