Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Answer: 11

Default Re: Answer: 11

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    You're not much of a fan then. But of course, you've proven that many times before.
    ....lmao I lived Bison football until the 3-peat was done. I don't think I missed a game until my last year of school. Still left games early when they got ugly. Are you going to call Mr. Meaty a bad fan for leaving early? I think Longhorn has made comments about ducking out to go watch other games as well.

There aren't many good fans out there if you use leaving blowouts early as your barometer.
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    ....lmao I lived Bison football until the 3-peat was done. I don't think I missed a game until my last year of school. Still left games early when they got ugly. Are you going to call Mr. Meaty a bad fan for leaving early? I think Longhorn has made comments about ducking out to go watch other games as well.

There aren't many good fans out there if you use leaving blowouts early as your barometer.
    To each his/her own. I don't understand the mindset of leaving early if it's a team you care about, but everyone is different, I guess. Between not having the opportunity to go to many games anymore, genuinely enjoying the game -- even in a blowout, and both wanting to show support to the up and coming players as well as seeing what they have to offer, I want to get as much out of the game as I can.

DePereBisonFan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    NDSU: 6 wins

Appalachian State + Georgia Southern + Coastal Carolina: 5 wins
    Those three teams versus FCS competition: 1-2, with the win being over Savannah State.
    "It's important in this life to dream big" - Brock Jensen during one of Kolpack and Izzo's pregame shows of the 2014 season.

"If you quit now, you quit for the rest of your life" - Chris Board 8/17/16 in the forum article.

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Leaving early from a blowout is such a luxury. In Ames last Saturday, we still had 30,000+ in the stands on a rainy day at the very end of a 45-0 victory over bottom-feeder Kansas. I'd like to say that our fans are great, but hungry might be a better term.
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

Quote Originally Posted by CyPanth View Post
    Leaving early from a blowout is such a luxury. In Ames last Saturday, we still had 30,000+ in the stands on a rainy day at the very end of a 45-0 victory over bottom-feeder Kansas. I'd like to say that our fans are great, but hungry might be a better term.
    I've been to Jack Trice stadium and witnessed the fans leaving early during a blowout

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post

Leaving early to go drink when you can do that pretty much every day is no excuse. Again, NDSU home games are only guaranteed to happen six times out of the year. Enjoy the team while you can. The offseason sucks.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    You know, if the powers that be were concerned about people leaving early, they may consider allowing some postgame tailgating in order to spread out the crush.
    They actually do allow you to hang out in the tailgate lot to have a beer or two after the game. The policy is it's open after the game for 1 hour or until 11PM, whichever comes first (I think it used to be 2 hours). But, much like pregame tailgating, they'll tell you to pack up and move out a good 30 minutes before they "close".

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

There is not a stadium in America where all the fans stay till the end of a game that is a blowout. I don't get the part where self righteous fans tell the other fans how to act at games either. Some fans just aren't the cheerleader type. Doesn't mean they are not as big of fan. They just express it differently. Same thing goes with message boards...I like to discuss our upcoming opponents strengths and have been jumped on for doing so. I like to watch, and discuss football, I'm not a cheerleader!

Quote Originally Posted by semobison View Post
    There is not a stadium in America where all the fans stay till the end of a game that is a blowout. I don't get the part where self righteous fans tell the other fans how to act at games either. Some fans just aren't the cheerleader type. Doesn't mean they are not as big of fan. They just express it differently. Same thing goes with message boards...I like to discuss our upcoming opponents strengths and have been jumped on for doing so. I like to watch, and discuss football, I'm not a cheerleader!
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

LikeMothers is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot