Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Game 7: Western Illinois Preview

Default Game 7: Western Illinois Preview

Just hearing one word to describe them: Physical.

Their stats: http://stats.ncaa.org/teams/113766
    NDSU stats: http://stats.ncaa.org/teams/113723

Looks like the two offenses are almost identically productive except that WIU skews more to the pass.
    On defense, they look a lot like NDSU.

tolnabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Game 7: Western Illinois Preview

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Just hearing one word to describe them: Physical.

Their stats: http://stats.ncaa.org/teams/113766
    NDSU stats: http://stats.ncaa.org/teams/113723

Looks like the two offenses are almost identically productive except that WIU skews more to the pass.
    On defense, they look a lot like NDSU.
    They run a 3-4, which will be an adjustment because we haven't seen many odd man fronts yet.

Also they gave up 30 at home to Missouri St. last week, when we only game up 11.

Quote Originally Posted by tolnabison View Post
    They run a 3-4, which will be an adjustment because we haven't seen many odd man fronts yet.

Also they gave up 30 at home to Missouri St. last week, when we only game up 11.
    WIU is very capable of beating us if they bring their A game. In fact, that is true of all remaining conference games this year. Gonna be an interesting and fun run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

The one person that scares me on that team is #17 the WR. He's the reason I have stayed tuned in to WIU games, because he seems tough to stop when he gets going. See: USD game.

Quote Originally Posted by OatmealWicket92 View Post
    The one person that scares me on that team is #17 the WR. He's the reason I have stayed tuned in to WIU games, because he seems tough to stop when he gets going. See: USD game.
    He looks like the best WR in the conference so far by a pretty wide margin (and that obviously includes #19 from SDSU). Not only has he caught 8 TDs he's also rushed for 3 more (on only 10 carries). The receiving splits between him and the rest of the team are crazy.

Acklin: 46 catches, 828 yards, 8 TDs
    The rest of the team: 71 catches, 807 yards, 8 TDs

Jalen Allison is going to have his hands full on Saturday but if you can slow down Acklin you're really going to put WIU's QB Sean McGuire in a bind against the Bison pass rush. Their 2nd leading receiver only has 10 catches for 165 yards on the season (former NDSU commit Isaiah Lesure).

Listening to 1660 over lunch, WIU play by play guy was on. He said their routes tend to take a long time develop and with deep 5-7 step drops. One game where Menard may be severely missed. Any pressure at all on them though should throw their rhythm off enough for the defense to be successful. Extremely experienced OL with 4 seniors and a junior. I'm more interested in seeing what our OL does against a 3-4. Hope Stick has his running shoes on. WR will need to keep working as well as broken down plays can lead to some big gains.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNation11 View Post
    Listening to 1660 over lunch, WIU play by play guy was on. He said their routes tend to take a long time develop and with deep 5-7 step drops. One game where Menard may be severely missed. Any pressure at all on them though should throw their rhythm off enough for the defense to be successful. Extremely experienced OL with 4 seniors and a junior. I'm more interested in seeing what our OL does against a 3-4. Hope Stick has his running shoes on. WR will need to keep working as well as broken down plays can lead to some big gains.
    They also have a stud (NFL caliber LB) who is very active. Believe he had a 25+ tackle game earlier this season.

Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    They also have a stud (NFL caliber LB) who is very active. Believe he had a 25+ tackle game earlier this season.

Yep, Brett Taylor. He had 28 or 29 tackles in a game this year. He has something like 87 tackles year already.

Western always impresses me. They're always one of the most physical teams we play. They have the second worst facilities (behind IndSt) in the conference and they have no money and yet get great players and coaches . I mean that as a compliment, but it does always amaze me.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonLaw View Post
    Western always impresses me. They're always one of the most physical teams we play. They have the second worst facilities (behind IndSt) in the conference and they have no money and yet get great players and coaches . I mean that as a compliment, but it does always amaze me.
    A shot of Bohl leading the Herd from the Western Illinois locker room to the field back in '07. A heavy October rain the night before created quite the treacherous pilgrimage.