Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Game 7: Western Illinois Preview

Default Re: Game 7: Western Illinois Preview

Same sentiment here. Western Illinois should be our first really tough home game of the year. Definitely looking forward to it.

HerdBoy is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Respectable team. Should be a good game.

WR Jaelon Acklin’s breakout season for the ‘Necks

The 6-foot-2, 190-pound senior came into this season with 21 catches for 364 yards and two touchdowns.

In the first six games of 2017, Acklin has 46 catches for 828 yards and eight touchdowns. He also has 10 rushes for 195 yards and three touchdowns.
    Acklin played behind WR Lance Lenoir, who is now with the Dallas Cowboys (practice squad). Lenoir in his WIU career had 273 catches for 3,796 yards and 28 touchdowns.

https://m.herosports.com/fcs/footbll...provement-bzbz

From last week - QB & WR are dynamic duo for Western Illinois

http://www.chicagonow.com/prairie-st...nt-playmakers/

His stats are crazy. Big plays running the ball too.

This is a bad look ahead spot with UNI next week and the SD schools not too far off. YSU we know was tough. Good offense and need to get to QB to disrupt their offense.

JJ brought up on Insiders yesterday they are weak versus the pass. We need Easton to be dialed in, and expect RJ and Shep to light it up.

At first I thought the Western Illinois game might be an early preview of what the South Dakota showdown would look like, especially when the Leathernecks were on offense. WIU’s QB, Sean McGuire, is listed at 6’ 3” 228, similar in size to the Coyote QB Streveler. But in 6 games, McGuire only has 29 carries for 96 yards. I assume that is skewed by QB sacks, (37 net yards) but it does not read like McGuire is the running threat that Mays of YSU was, or Streveler is.

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    At first I thought the Western Illinois game might be an early preview of what the South Dakota showdown would look like, especially when the Leathernecks were on offense. WIU’s QB, Sean McGuire, is listed at 6’ 3” 228, similar in size to the Coyote QB Streveler. But in 6 games, McGuire only has 29 carries for 96 yards. I assume that is skewed by QB sacks, but it does not read like McGuire is the running threat that Mays of YSU was, or Streveler is.
    McGuire is nowhere near the runner that Streveler is and, this year at least, not in the same league as a passer either. Streveler is the front runner for the Walter Payton award right now with the way he's playing. McGuire might be the 2nd best pure passer in the MVFC though.

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    At first I thought the Western Illinois game might be an early preview of what the South Dakota showdown would look like, especially when the Leathernecks were on offense. WIU’s QB, Sean McGuire, is listed at 6’ 3” 228, similar in size to the Coyote QB Streveler. But in 6 games, McGuire only has 29 carries for 96 yards. I assume that is skewed by QB sacks, (37 net yards) but it does not read like McGuire is the running threat that Mays of YSU was, or Streveler is.
    Off topic. I'm glad Streveler is a senior...

are we even worried??
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    McGuire is nowhere near the runner that Streveler is and, this year at least, not in the same league as a passer either. Streveler is the front runner for the Walter Payton award right now with the way he's playing. McGuire might be the 2nd best pure passer in the MVFC though.
    True about the McGuire vs. Streveler comparison, but for whatever reason, it seems like we have historical tendency to allow non-running QB's to be running QB's, and running QB's to be superstar running QB's. Is that a built-in weakness of our defensive scheme?
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.