Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Game 7: Western Illinois Preview

Default Re: Game 7: Western Illinois Preview

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    Sometimes it's best to make QB throw the ball and do a controlled rush. DE flying up the field create massive running lanes. Rushing under control is required at times, YSU in Q4 was a good example. Make him throw and we win in regulation IMO. Rushing in sync is called team football, vs stat seeking football. I'd rather see a Karcz bull rush on the edge where he can shed and go either direction, than consistently missing hi and outside, opening massive lanes. Menards had the speed outside to go high and still catch a he QB before getting downfield, but no everyone does.
    Bingo! That's what frustrates me most about the Bison D-line. It's obviously easier said than done but when they maintained their rush lanes and collapsed the pocket not allowing Mays climb it he didn't know what to do and ran right into sacks. They need to stay disciplined when rushing these mobile passers in the MVFC. Against WIU and McGuire it probably won't be as big of a deal though.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Bingo! That's what frustrates me most about the Bison D-line. It's obviously easier said than done but when they maintained their rush lanes and collapsed the pocket not allowing Mays climb it he didn't know what to do and ran right into sacks. They need to stay disciplined when rushing these mobile passers in the MVFC. Against WIU and McGuire it probably won't be as big of a deal though.
    Usually happens when the DE has an inside rush. The O-Tackle just rides him down the LOS in to the rest of the line. The result is no outside containment from the point of where he road the DE down the line. Unless the DT is on a stunt to the outside.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I actually think it's better to put DEs in the DT spots if you undisciplined edge rushers. You need Speed that can run and cover up mistakes on the edge. Most DTs don't run well enough to catch QBs in space with passing downs.

gumby013 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Plane stalking time!

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/S...000Z/KMLI/KFAR

Not until this afternoon though...
    Looking good Billy Ray!

It's really noticeable if containment is lost, when you see DL pursue the ball carrier down field. Cole Karcz is one example, of the current Bison. If you lose containment, nice to see guys not give up on the play too.
    Hey Barkeep, another round of the green stuff for me and my buddies!

Got some tickets this morning. Taking my wife to her first game. Gonna be a great weekend.

gumby013 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Looking good Billy Ray!

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Hitting the road early so I don't get stuck in the grand forks traffic jam.

Thanks for all the advice Barney

Go Bison!

Lardsin must go!

With a 3/4 Defense, you need your LB’s to make plays.
    Brett Taylor does just that. The 6’ 2” 230 senior was named MVFC Defensive Player of the Week for the 3rd time already this season for his performance against Missouri State.

Taylor leads the nation with 14.5 tackles per game.
    Both his 87 total tackles and 55 assisted stops rank second in the FCS.
    http://goleathernecks.com/news/2017/...kly-honor.aspx

NFLdraftscout has Taylor ranked 27th for ILB’s for the 2018 NFL Draft. Nick DeLuca is ranked 14th.

totoinfl is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    Hitting the road early so I don't get stuck in the grand forks traffic jam.

Thanks for all the advice Barney

Go Bison!
    Ahh...so you are leaving 2 minutes early...got it.